Please see important vaccination information for students enrolled in Health-Related programs.
Vaccinations are not required to enroll in FTCC health-related programs. However, if you are UNVACCINATED, it is possible you may not be able to complete a health-related program. Most of our Health programs require a clinical rotation with an affiliated healthcare provider. Some clinical affiliates and providers require proof of vaccination to participate in clinical rotation. If you have not received the Covid-19 vaccination, discussing your vaccination status with the program leaders before enrollment is strongly recommended.
The Corporate & Continuing Education Health programs provide students with the training and preparation needed for a career in the healthcare industry. Programs include Cardiovascular Monitor Technician, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) courses, Phlebotomy, and Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) courses.
Central Sterile Processing Course
This course is designed to introduce the primary responsibilities of a central sterile technician. The course includes practical applications of learned concepts and procedures. Topics include preparation, storage, distribution of instruments, supplies and equipment, quality assurance and inventory management. Upon completion, students should be able to apply the principles of sterilization/disinfection in the workplace, as well as the principles of distribution of instruments/supplies/equipment
Some clinical facilities require a criminal background check, 10-panel drug screen and certain vaccinations prior to attending clinical rotation. If a student cannot meet the criminal background check, pass drug screen requirements and have vaccinations needed, s/he will not be able to complete the course and will be dismissed from the course WITHOUT a refund. (DO NOT obtain background check or drug screen prior to starting the class! The instructor will provide instructions for you upon registration).
- Please refer to current estimated program costs for further information on required fees.
- Tuition Fee: $180 and Current Insurance Fee
- Additional Fees:
- Background Check (DO NOT obtain before starting the class, the instructor will inform you of the process)
- 10-panel Drug Screen (DO NOT obtain before starting the class, the instructor will inform you of the process)
- Clinical Rotation Fee (may be applicable)
- Uniform: REQUIRED by the 1st day of Class (purchased at Castle Uniform)
- Royal Blue Scrubs (Top and Bottom)
- Black Lab Jacket with program name tag
- Black leather/leather type shoes. NO mesh. NO holes.
- Photocopies of the following required and uploaded into Document Manager (Health Portal): Instructions will be included upon acceptance.
- Insurance receipt $15.50 (registration receipt to include “Medical Malpractice”)
- Photo (for clinical badges)
- A copy of current immunizations records with all necessary shots will be required before students can enter the clinical site: MMR, Varicella, PPD, HEP B, Tdap, Flu shot and COVID Vaccine, etc.
- High School Diploma/GED/Transcript
- CPR card (must be American Heart Association’s Healthcare Provider) cannot expire during course semester
Textbook & Student Fees: Students will be required to purchase a textbook and workbook for this course. For current textbook edition and student fees, please follow instructions provided in the Student Welcome Packet upon registering for course.
Download and Print Documents
Checklist with information for all required items and appropriate links will be provided in the Student Welcome Packet. Student will need to print checklist and initial/sign as each item is completed. This will need to be turned in by the end of the first week of classes.
NC – SARA
SARA – the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement – is an agreement between member states, territories, and districts of the United States of America.
As a Sterile Processing student, if you are going to be seeking employment outside North Carolina, it is highly recommended that you seek guidance from the appropriate credentialing agency in your chosen state before beginning the academic program.