How do I file a complaint?

Policy Statement

Fayetteville Technical Community College encourages the prompt and fair settlement of student grievances.  A student may present a grievance without fear of coercion, restraint, interference, penalty, reprisal, or retaliation.

The purpose of the student grievance policy and procedure is to provide a system to resolve student complaints against faculty, staff, or other students including alleged illegal discrimination on the basis of age, gender/sex, race, color, national origin, political affiliation, disability, or other conditions.

Title IX & Equal Opportunity

The Office of Human Resources and Institutional Effectiveness is designated to monitor and evaluate College activities and events to fulfill the requirements of the 1972 federal legislation which prohibits all forms of sex (Title IX) and race (Title VI & VII) discrimination in educational institutions receiving federal funding.

Beyond meeting the legal requirements for resolving sex/race discrimination, sexual/racial harassment, sexual assault and related violence issues, this office assists the College leadership with the creation and maintenance of a College community committed to positive values of equal opportunity that fosters a climate free from all forms of harassment, exploitation, or intimidation.

(PDF format)

Filing a Complaint

Complaints in violation of the Board of Trustee’s non-discrimination policy should be directed to the Office of the Vice President for Human Resources and Institutional Effectiveness (VP of HR/IE). Those wishing to report a violation under the non-discrimination policy are encouraged, but not required, to do so by completing and submitting a Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Form D-3 (available in the fill-in forms) to the Personnel Manager (Deputy Title IX Coordinator) with a copy to the VP for HR/IE (Title IX Coordinator).

Those wishing to submit their complaint in person should do so by contacting the VP of HR/IE or the Personnel Manager at 910-678-8246 and/or report to either Room 162 in the Thomas R. McLean Administration Building on the Fayetteville Campus.