About the Fitness Center
The FTCC Fitness center is located in the Horace Sisk Gym building located on the Fayetteville Campus, room 800. There are 45 individual work stations including cardio, machine weights Free Weights, plyometric and stretching modalities. Two full time employees are available for equipment orientation, body assessment & composition, equipment safety, and general fitness center informational use and care. The FC is primarily used as a lab for our physical education and health classes and as such, hours are adjusted accordingly during each semester to accommodate this curriculum.
Who Can Use the Fitness Center
- FTCC curriculum Students (college credit)
- Continuing education students (8 or 16-week programs)
- FTCC Retirees
- Board members, Spouses and dependents (13-18 must be accompanied by a parent)
- College faculty & Staff and dependents (13-18 must be accompanied by a parent)
Requirements/Policies/rules of the Fitness center
- Use equipment properly and follow directions carefully. Do not slam weights down on machines or free weights.
- Workout towels are required for all machines and are for your sweat, not the machines.
- Please wipe down equipment after each use. Sanitizing wipes are provided.
- Shorts/workout pants and shoes must be worn at all times and short sleeve or long sleeve shirts. No Tank tops are allowed in the fitness center. Sandals, flip flops, crocs, bare feet and boots are prohibited. Jeans and any clothing with zippers, rivets or metal objects are prohibited.
- No breakable objects, glass, food or beverages are permitted. Plastic bottles that contain water and have a screw on cap are ok
- No loitering, horseplay or profanity is permitted.
- Please put all equipment back in its proper place, storage rack, and/or designated area etc.
- All free weights must be returned to the proper rack when not in use.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Locker is provided and your lock must be removed by the end of each day.
- Please report any and all damaged items to the staff of the fitness center.
- You are responsible for knowing your limitations. Practice safe lifting techniques and procedures.
- Personal music/media must be enjoyed with the use of earbuds or headphones. Music is provided in the fitness center and is at the discretion of FC staff.
- The college assumes no responsibility for any injury that may occur.
- Store bookbags and personal items at the front of the fitness center in the space provided or in the locker rooms.
“The FTCC Fitness center will have employee and student incentive programs from time to time. These programs will be advertised through email and bulletin boards and prizes will be awarded at the end of each program. Please check with the Fitness center for current programs and incentives by visiting us in the Horace Sisk building, room 800. Information is also available during and after hours on the 65” TV in the Horace Sisk lobby area for your convenience.”