The Fayetteville Technical Community College Center for Faculty Development (FTCC-CFD) supports the College by providing personal and professional support grounded in research-based practices, appropriate recommendations in faculty growth and development, and individualized instructional pathways to impact student success.
Faculty and Instructional Development
Monthly Calendar View
- Foundations I – A 10-Module course (16-week time frame) which provides an opportunity for Instructors to review, learn or create new strategies in effective instruction. Course takers will be supported in their quest for personal development and their desire to enhance their knowledge and understanding of how to promote learning. Continuous enrollment – Registration originates from Deans.
- Foundations II – An optional follow-up to Foundations I which includes 5 Modules that expand on concepts learned in Foundations I as well as includes options for extending personal teaching skills and expertise. Continuous enrollment – Registration originates from Deans.
- New Faculty Onboarding – An introduction to FTCC, teaching and administrative processes for all new faculty. 90-day window is given to complete this self-paced course within the Blackboard platform. Continuous enrollment – Registration process is included in hiring steps from area Administrative Secretary.
- ACUE – Courses to prepare educators to use research-based techniques show to help students succeed. Semester enrollment – Application required.
- HyFlex – (enrollment dates TBA)
- A face-to-face instructional development focusing on a student-centered model of class delivery that effectively integrates in-class instruction, online synchronous video sessions, or asynchronous content delivery in service of intended learning objectives. Sessions to be announced -Registration originates from Deans.
- A self-paced course for anyone teaching or interested in HyFlex delivery. This course will focus on the theory for HyFlex instruction as well as the Universal Design Learning (UDL) framework for HyFlex course design. Continuous enrollment – Open to any instructor.
The course alignment initiative at Fayetteville Technical Community College is in full swing! These notes provide more clarification on the process, expectations, and feedback cycle [Learn more]. Please contact the Center for Faculty Development with questions!
- After a course map is submitted, feedback will typically be provided by the Center for Faculty Development within 3-5 business days.
- Sometimes, the Center may ask clarifying questions and/or request that the course map is modified and resubmitted to receive further review.
- Assignment “grades” are either 0 or 100. If resubmission is required, the grade will remain a 0 until all requirements have been met and feedback has been noticeably implemented.
- Once the course map is given a grade of 100, the assignment notes will indicate the course map has then been approved and is ready to transition to Blackboard Ultra.
The FTCC Center for Faculty Development Podcast
A place to celebrate the excellent instruction and instructors at Fayetteville Technical Community College. Please use this form to recommend someone for the Fayetteville Technical Community College Center for Faculty Development Podcast. Please feel empowered to recommend yourself – If you’re doing something you want some attention for, we want to celebrate that hard work with you!
News You can Use!
The Center for Faculty Development houses all Instructional Coaching efforts at FTCC. Selecting the Learn More link directs users to the Instructional Coaches page where faculty can access instructional resources, archived Instructional Coaching Professional Development files, and may contact the Instructional Coaches to request services related to their classroom protocols.
The Center for Faculty Development develops and delivers both synchronous and asynchronous trainings on request.
To request a unique training from the Center, please reach out using the contact information in the banner at the top of this webpage.