Ready to Get Started?
Step One: Complete the FTCC application
This also includes completing the Residency Determination System (RDS) questionnaire to determine your tuition rate.
If you feel that you were incorrectly listed as an out-of-state student paying out-of-state tuition rates, please contact RDS at 1-844-319-3640 or log-on to your RDS account to complete a reconsideration.
- New students: never taken a curriculum course at FTCC
- Returning students: has completed curriculum courses
- Must reapply after one academic year of nonattendance.
- If you are enrolled in a Health, Cosmetology or Funeral Service program, please contact the department to determine if are required to reapply.
Step Two: Submit Official Transcripts
- An official high school, GED®, AHS, or HiSET® transcript is required for program approval and financial aid.
- High school transcripts must show your completed or final graduation date.
- Home-schooled students must submit a copy of the home school’s approved registration from the state in which they are registered and an official sealed and notarized transcript including the graduation date.
- College graduates – Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended in order to have your courses evaluated for potential transfer credit.
- Grades from transfer credits are not calculated in your FTCC GPA.
- Health programs may use grades from transfer credit to calculate competitive points.
- Foreign transcripts from non-US schools must be translated and evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services agency (NACES). SpanTran is our recommended international transcript evaluation service, however, you may use any NACES approved organization. SpanTran has created a custom application for FTCC students to help them get the right kind of foreign transcript evaluation at a discounted rate.
Please have your previous institution(s) or their transcript service email your official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Fayetteville Technical Community College
PO Box 35236
2201 Hull Road
Fayetteville, NC 28303
(Please Note: transcripts must be sent to FTCC from previous institution(s) or their transcript service to be considered official.)
Step Three: Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
FTCC’s Code is 007640
Step Four: Take the Placement Test if Applicable
You are waived from taking the placement exam if:
- You graduated from a United States high school within ten years of enrollment
- You received a GED® between 2014 – present (*score range 100-200)
- You received a HiSet ® between 2014 – present
- You have taken the ACT or SAT within ten years of enrollment
- You have earned the minimum required CLEP score for English or math
- You have taken a North Carolina Community College approved placement test within ten years from test date
- You have successfully completed a college-level English and math course
- You have an Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution (RAI).
If you do not meet one of these criteria, then you need to take the RISE assessment.
Step Five: Register for Classes
- Once we have received your official transcripts, you will be put into your program and will be ready to register.
- Log in to FTCC Self-Service to locate your academic advisor and program information. You will be assigned both of these when you are ready to register.
- Contact your advisor to schedule an appointment to register for classes.
- You may register through Self-Service; however, it is highly recommended that you contact an advisor before registering for classes.
- You can also speak with your Success Coach if you are unsure of your program or want to change it.
Steps to Apply
An international student is one who needs a Form I-20 for a Student Visa (MS Word format) in order to be eligible to study in the United States. International applicants who apply from outside the United States and have not previously attended an American college or university will be processed as an entering freshman.
Contact: Oscar Rodriguez
Phone: (910) 678-8413
Additional Information for International Students
F1 students are allowed to work part-time on the campus of the school they are attending. They may work up to 20 hours per week while attending classes full-time. They can work full-time during summer vacations and between terms, provided they continue at that school the following term. M1 students are not allowed to work on or off campus.
Students holding F1 visas are not authorized to work off campus except under extraordinary circumstances. There are two ways to get permission for off-campus work:
- Practical training and severe economic hardship
- U.S. Customs and Immigration Services must grant permission
If you are unsure about the decision made concerning your transfer credits, you have the option to appeal.
- Any student may appeal a course transfer equivalency decision & request course re-consideration by submitting an electronic appeal.
- Allow 2 weeks for FTCC to complete the appeal process.
- You will be notified within 30 business days via your FTCC student email account.
- Notification may include a request for supporting documentation for further review or the outcome of the appeal.
- Retain a copy of all documentation for your records.
Transfer Credit and Military Credit Evaluation
Students who have completed course work at other colleges and universities and wish to receive transfer credit should submit official transcripts of all post-secondary work. Transcripts will be reviewed during the admissions process. Credit will be awarded only from the originating institution. Military service schools may be submitted for transfer credit evaluations. The service member should submit an electronic copy of their official Joint Services Transcript (JST) via the Department of Defense JST website. Military service experiences are evaluated using ACE Guide recommendations.
Transfer Credit Appeal Process
Completed college-level course work at other colleges & universities may be awarded upon evaluation of an official transcript.
Prior to submitting an appeal, review all college transfer credit awarded by FTCC using these options:
- Academic Advisor
- Admissions Counselor
- Review your Self-Service account
For course re-consideration complete and submit an electronic Transfer Credit Appeal form.
Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) Appeal ProcessCredit may be awarded if a student has learning experience in the armed services, industrial and corporate training programs, apprenticeship programs or successful completion of standardized exams.
Prior to submitting an appeal, please review all credit awarded by FTCC through the following options:
- Academic Advisor
- Admissions Counselor
- Review your Self-Service account
For course re-consideration complete and submit an electronic Credit For Prior Learning Appeal form. Additional information concerning CPL is listed on FTCC’s Fast Track on our Military Education Benefits page.
Admissions Counselors can provide important information for returning and current students. They can help:
- Provide assistance in readmission to FTCC
- Select a program
- Change your program
- Discuss transfer credits
- Discuss Credit for Prior Learning
- Recommend Additional Resources
Meet our Admission Staff
Admission Application Status Center
|Betty Upson Riversemail@example.com|
|Almira Howard||Assistant Director of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brittany Smith||Senior Admissions Technicianemail@example.com|
|Adrienne Murphy||Coordinator of Placementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shareef Henderson||Senior Admissions Evaluatoremail@example.com|
|Melanie Parker||Senior Secretary of Admissionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|