Office of Admissions
Tony Rand Student Center (TRSC), Front Desk, 2201 Hull Road, Fayetteville, NC 28303
Phone Number
Fax Number
Office Hours Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Director of Admissions and Counseling: Dr. Louanna Castleman

Which type of student are you?

WebsitecheckmarkNew Curriculum Students

A new student is:
  • A high school graduate
  • A high school student currently completing the last semester of high school
  • A GED student who has never attended a college or university.

If you are a new curriculum student, you can also go to the Tony Rand Student Center Welcome Desk for registration or call admissions at 910-678-8473 for assistance.


Transfer Students

A transfer student is one who has attended another college or university and is now seeking a degree, diploma, or certificate at FTCC.


Returning Curriculum Students

A returning student is a former FTCC student:
  • Who has been absent for two (2) consecutive semesters or longer
  • And plans to complete a degree, diploma, or certificate
  • OR plans to take 12 or more credits to transfer to another school


Non-Degree Seeking Students

A non-degree seeking student is one that would like to take a few curriculum classes, but does not intend to seek a degree, diploma, or certificate.
Note:  Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid or veterans benefits.

Admissions Survey

Please complete this survey so we can provide you with resources to help you reach your goals.  Your answers will not impact your admissions, program approval, or financial aid in any way, we simply want to get to know you better.

Are You An International Student?

Steps to Apply

An international student is one who needs a Form I-20 for a Student Visa (MS Word format) in order to be eligible to study in the United States. International applicants who apply from outside the United States and have not previously attended an American college or university will be processed as an entering freshman.

Contact Lisa Haywood
Phone: 910-678-8306

Additional Information for International Students



F1 students are allowed to work part-time on the campus of the school they are attending. They may work up to 20 hours per week while attending classes full-time. They can work full-time during summer vacations and between terms, provided they continue at that school the following term. M1 students are not allowed to work on or off campus.


Students holding F1 visas are not authorized to work off campus except under extraordinary circumstances. There are two ways to get permission for off-campus work:

  1. Practical training and severe economic hardship
  2. U.S. Customs and Immigration Services must grant permission

Transfer Credit

If you are unsure about the decision made concerning your transfer credits, you have the option to appeal.

  • Any student may appeal a course transfer equivalency decision & request course re-consideration by submitting an electronic appeal.
  • Allow 2 weeks for FTCC to complete the appeal process.
  • You will be notified within 30 business days via your FTCC student email account.
  • Notification may include a request for supporting documentation for further review or the outcome of the appeal.
  • Retain a copy of all documentation for your records.


Transfer Credit Appeal Process

Completed college level course work at other colleges & universities may be awarded upon evaluation of an official transcript.

Prior to submitting an appeal, review all college transfer credit awarded by FTCC using these options:

  • Academic Advisor
  • Admissions Counselor
  • Review your  WebAdvisor account

For course re-consideration complete and submit an electronic Transfer Credit Appeal form.


Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) Appeal Process

Credit may be awarded if a student has learning experience in the armed services, industrial and corporate training programs, apprenticeship programs or successful completion of standardized exams.

Prior to submitting an appeal, please review all credit awarded by FTCC through the following options:

  • Academic Advisor
  • Admissions Counselor
  • Review your  WebAdvisor account

For course re-consideration complete and submit an electronic Credit For Prior Learning Appeal form. Additional information concerning CPL is listed on FTCC’s Credit for Military Training web page.

Admissions Counseling

Admissions counselors can provide important information and one-on-one assistance as you navigate your first semester at FTCC. They can help:

Admissions Counselors are available to assist on a walk-in basis, or you may check availability of a particular counselor and make an appointment.

Contact Information:
Phone: 910-678-8473


Name Title Email Phone
Dr. Louanna Castleman Director of Admissions and Counseling 910-678-0141
John Johnson Counselor 910-678-8427
Deborah Jordan Counselor 910-678-8412
Theodore Thomas Counselor 910-678-8379
Hulya Travieso Counselor – Spring Lake 910-678-1003