FTCC’s most popular and most flexible degree is the Associate in General Education (AGE), which allows you to capitalize on your credits earned through military training and transfer with ease to one of FTCC’s partner institutions for an advanced degree.
Select your MOS to see a breakdown of how many courses and credits you have already earned toward an Associate in General Education through your military experience.
What should I know about the Associate in General Education (AGE)?
The Associate in General Education degree consists of 64 total semester hours (SH). You can apply up to 48 hours of transfer credit from other colleges and from your Credit for Military Training. A minimum of 16 semester hours must be taken at FTCC, either online or face to face.
- ACA 122 College Transfer Success 1 SH
- CIS 110 Intro to Computers 3 SH
- COM 231 Public Speaking or COM 120 Interpersonal Communications 3 SH
- ENG 111 Writing & Inquiry 3 SH
- ENG 112 Writing/Research in the Disc 3 SH
- HUM Humanities/Fine Arts Elective 3 SH
- MAT 143 Quantitative Literacy (or a higher math) 3 SH
- Social/Behavioral Science Elective 3 SH
- Open Elective Requirements 42 SH
Army Intelligence Crosswalk
FTCC has reviewed the military training for specific intelligence military occupational specialties and articulated the credit into each of the three intelligence studies concentrations.
Select a tab to see how much credit you have already earned and which classes you will need to take or transfer in to FTCC to fulfill the degree requirements. Additional credit may be awarded for other intelligence courses and schools which you have completed after review by FTCC.
Air Force: GEM Program Disciplines
General Education Mobile (GEM) Program
The General Education Mobile (GEM) program links CCAF students to online regionally accredited civilian academic institutions that offer freshman/sophomore level general education courses. These courses fulfill the 15 semester hours (SH), 22.5 quarter hours of the CCAF Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree’s general education requirements.
At FTCC, you can complete the requirements to earn your CCAF degree and also earn our Associate of General Education degree, which is fully transferable to the university degree. 4-week, 8-week, and 16-week classes are offered each semester. The five disciplines are offered for the GEM program; oral communication, written communication, mathematics, social science, and humanities.
- HUM 110 Technology and Society – 3 SH
- HUM 115 Critical Thinking – 3 SH
- HUM 120 Cultural Studies – 3 SH
Associate in Applied Science
In addition to the Associates in General Education that is available for all military occupations and classifications, FTCC has articulated credit for military training into other associates degrees where the curriculum clearly aligns with the military occupation.
For example – Military Police, regardless of branch of service receive credit that clearly aligns with the Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice Technology. Take a look at your MOS and see what other degree options are available. The effort to articulate additional MOS/Military Occupations and degree plans is ongoing – so check back regularly to see what we have added!
- 31B Military Police – Criminal Justice Technology
- 36B Financial Management Technician – Accounting
- 38B Civil Affairs – Emergency Management
- 42A Human Resources Specialist – Human Resources
- 92A Automated Logistical Specialist – Global Logistics
- 92A Automated Logistical Specialist – Operations Management
Health and Fitness Science Degree
Health Care Management Degree
- 18D Special Forces Medical Sergeant to Associate of Applied Science in Emergency Medical Science
- 36B Healthcare Management Tech
- 42AHealthcare Management Tech
- 68D Surgical Technology Alternative Delivery to Associate Degree in Surgical Technology
- 68G Healthcare Management Tech
- 68P Radiography Program Accelerated Completion Option to Associate of Applied Science in Radiology
- 68V Advanced Placement Option for Respiratory Therapy to Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- 79S Healthcare Management Tech
Hospitality Management Degree
IT Networking Management Degree
- 25B Information Technology Specialist
- 25C Radio Operator Maintainer
- 25U Signal Support Systems Specialist
Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE)
- 25B System Security & Analysis
- 25C System Security & Analysis
- 25F System Security & Analysis
- 25L System Security & Analysis
- 25M System Security & Analysis
- 25N System Security & Analysis
- 25S System Security & Analysis
- 25U System Security & Analysis
Special Operations Radio Operators Course (SOROC)
Military Certificates: What should I know?
In addition to the Associate in General Education, FTCC offers a variety of certificates that military service members can earn to give them an edge when transitioning to civilian employment. These certificates can be completed independently, or in addition to an associate degree. Depending on your military occupation, you may have already earned some of the credits needed based on your military experience. Many programs at FTCC are 100% online.
Automotive Suspension, Brakes, & Heating/Air Conditioning
MOS: 91 B
Attention all (91B) Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics! This certificate program is designed to prepare moderately experienced automotive mechanics to take ASE certification exams in three areas. The certification areas include: A4-Suspension and Steering; A5-Brakes; and A7- Heating and Air Conditioning.
AUT 141 – Suspension & Steering Systems
AUT 141A – Suspension & Steering Lab
AUT 151 – Brake Systems
AUT 151A – Brakes Systems Lab
TRN 120 – Basic Transportation Electricity
TRN 140 – Transportation Climate Control
Total Credits Required = 15
Credit for Your Military Training
As a 91B, you have already earned 8 of the required 17 credit hours through your military experience and training. At least 5 of the remaining credit hours must be completed at FTCC to apply your earned credits.
Upon completion of the Automotive Suspension, Brakes & Heating/Air Conditioning Certificate, you will have the skills necessary to take the ASE Certification Examination. Courses in this program can be transferred directly into the Automotive Systems Technology associate degree curriculum or the Associate in General Education.
What are Flex Courses?
About Flex Courses
We understand that due to your military responsibilities, you often require an additional level of scheduling flexibility in order to earn your college degree. Flex Courses are another way that Fayetteville Technical Community College provides flexible scheduling options. These classes allow students the most flexibility in fitting courses around their busy schedules due to the flexibility of due dates.
Ideal for the Military
- Flexible & Affordable
- Fully Facilitated Course
- High Quality Instruction
- Online Course Material
- Low or No Cost eTextbook
- Interactive Lesson Presentations
- Audio/Visual Components
- Engaging Lesson Presentations
- Interactive Exercises & Quizzes to Check Your Understanding
Please note that the course schedule is subject to change. Check WebAdvisor for the most up-to-date course information and to view additional course offerings, formats, and sections available.
Please note that the textbook information applies only to the sections listed and is tentative. Check with your instructor for the most up-to-date textbook information. All other sections may require a different textbook.
For textbook information for all other courses/sections not listed, please visit the FTCC Online Bookstore.
Military Specific Partnerships
Your FTCC degree is just the first step in your educational journey. We have partnered with numerous universities to provide seamless pathways for earning your bachelor’s degree. Consider pairing the American Council on Education (ACE) credits you earned through your military training and experience with FTCC courses to obtain an affordable, regionally accredited degree from FTCC and one of our partnering institutions.
Planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree? Find courses that are guaranteed to transfer to your Home College through the SOC DNS Guaranteed-Transfer Courses tool.