FTCC’s most popular and most flexible degree is the Associate in General Education (AGE), which allows you to capitalize on your credits earned through military training and transfer with ease to one of FTCC’s partner institutions for an advanced degree.
What should I know about the Associate in General Education (AGE)?
The Associate in General Education degree consists of 64 total semester hours (SH). You can apply up to 48 hours of transfer credit from other colleges and from your Credit for Military Training. A minimum of 16 semester hours must be taken at FTCC, either online or face to face.
- ACA 122 College Transfer Success 1 SH
- CIS 110 Intro to Computers 3 SH
- COM 231 Public Speaking or COM 120 Interpersonal Communications 3 SH
- ENG 111 Writing & Inquiry 3 SH
- ENG 112 Writing/Research in the Disc 3 SH
- HUM Humanities/Fine Arts Elective 3 SH
- MAT 143 Quantitative Literacy (or a higher math) 3 SH
- Social/Behavioral Science Elective 3 SH
- Open Elective Requirements 42 SH
Army Intelligence Crosswalk
FTCC has reviewed the military training for specific intelligence military occupational specialties and articulated the credit into each of the three intelligence studies concentrations.
Select a tab to see how much credit you have already earned and which classes you will need to take or transfer in to FTCC to fulfill the degree requirements. Additional credit may be awarded for other intelligence courses and schools which you have completed after review by FTCC.
Air Force: GEM Program Disciplines
General Education Mobile (GEM) Program
The General Education Mobile (GEM) program links CCAF students to online regionally accredited civilian academic institutions that offer freshman/sophomore level general education courses. These courses fulfill the 15 semester hours (SH), 22.5 quarter hours of the CCAF Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree’s general education requirements.
At FTCC, you can complete the requirements to earn your CCAF degree and also earn our Associate of General Education degree, which is fully transferable to the university degree. 4-week, 8-week, and 16-week classes are offered each semester. The five disciplines are offered for the GEM program; oral communication, written communication, mathematics, social science, and humanities.
- HUM 110 Technology and Society – 3 SH
- HUM 115 Critical Thinking – 3 SH
- HUM 120 Cultural Studies – 3 SH
Associate in Applied Science
In addition to the Associates in General Education that is available for all military occupations and classifications, FTCC has articulated credit for military training into other associates degrees where the curriculum clearly aligns with the military occupation.
For example – Military Police, regardless of branch of service receive credit that clearly aligns with the Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice Technology. Take a look at your MOS and see what other degree options are available. The effort to articulate additional MOS/Military Occupations and degree plans is ongoing – so check back regularly to see what we have added!
- 31B Military Police – Criminal Justice Technology
- 36B Financial Management Technician – Accounting
- 38B Civil Affairs – Emergency Management
- 42A Human Resources Specialist – Human Resources
- 92A Automated Logistical Specialist – Global Logistics
- 92A Automated Logistical Specialist – Operations Management
Health and Fitness Science Degree
Health Care Management Degree
- 18D Special Forces Medical Sergeant to Associate of Applied Science in Emergency Medical Science
- 36B Healthcare Management Tech
- 42AHealthcare Management Tech
- 68D Surgical Technology Alternative Delivery to Associate Degree in Surgical Technology
- 68G Healthcare Management Tech
- 68P Radiography Program Accelerated Completion Option to Associate of Applied Science in Radiology
- 68V Advanced Placement Option for Respiratory Therapy to Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- 79S Healthcare Management Tech
Hospitality Management Degree
IT Networking Management Degree
- 25B Information Technology Specialist
- 25C Radio Operator Maintainer
- 25U Signal Support Systems Specialist
Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE)
- 25B System Security & Analysis
- 25C System Security & Analysis
- 25F System Security & Analysis
- 25L System Security & Analysis
- 25M System Security & Analysis
- 25N System Security & Analysis
- 25S System Security & Analysis
- 25U System Security & Analysis
Special Operations Radio Operators Course (SOROC)
What are Flex Courses?
About Flex Courses
We understand that due to your military responsibilities, you often require an additional level of scheduling flexibility in order to earn your college degree.
Flex Courses are another way that Fayetteville Technical Community College provides flexible scheduling options.
These classes allow students the most flexibility in fitting courses around their busy schedules due to the flexibility of due dates.
Ideal for the Military
- Flexible & Affordable
- Fully Facilitated Course
- High Quality Instruction
- Online Course Material
- Low eTextbook
- Interactive Lesson Presentations
- Audio/Visual Components
- Engaging Lesson Presentations
- Interactive Exercises & Quizzes to Check Your Understanding
Please see a Military Services Specialist for registration in flex courses. If you need assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-678-1050.
Attendance Policy for Math & Science Classes
The student must:
• Complete 25% of the course by the 50% point of the term
• Complete 50% of the course by the 75% point of the term
• Have completed 50% of the course to request an Incomplete
• Actively participate in the course during each week of the term
For textbook information for all other courses/sections not listed, please visit the FTCC Online Bookstore.