What Is the Army Career Skills Program (CSP)?
The Army Career Skills Program, better known as CSP, is a Department of Defense skill bridge program that partners with corporate hiring initiatives. This program aids transitioning service members and veterans by allowing them to participate in civilian training, credentialing, apprenticeship, and internship programs starting up to six months before separation from the military service. The CSP allows businesses to gain early access to highly skilled service members as prospective employees. These skill bridge programs are at no cost to the service member.
Would you like more information? Complete and submit the CSP Interest form.
Earn industry-recognized credentials to give you an edge in the civilian workforce.
Transition Tech is a training program for transitioning military service members that provides:
Industry-focused certificates and credentials
Plus, mock interview opportunities designed to prepare you to enter the civilian workforce
CDL Truck Driver Training
Welcome to Commercial Driver’s License program at FTCC. Our goal is to prepare students for successful employment in the transportation industry.
This page contains important program information and guidelines. Be sure you read and follow all directions to enroll in the program.
Out of Pocket Expenses
|DOT Physical & Drug Screening||$125.00|
|Class A CDL Permit||$60.00|
|Class A CDL License||$100.00|
Total Program Cost: $525.00
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a DOT physical, drug screen and background history check
- Must obtain a CDL Class “A” permit from the state you are licensed in
The following violations will not prohibit your enrollment in the program, however; such violations may limit your employment opportunities:
- Felony Drug Possession
- License Suspension
- Refusal of Chemical Test
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Careless and Reckless
- More than three (3) moving violations
- Negative item(s) on your background history check
Failure to pass a drug screen will make an individual ineligible for the program.
|CDL 18-02||August 7 – October 12||Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch)
|CDL 18-03||October 23 – January 15||Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch)
|August 1 – December 21||Monday – Friday
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
There are eight (8) seats in each session. The class will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. You must contact Pendy Evans, Transition Tech Recruiter, as soon as possible the with the class session you wish to attend.
Important Class Information
All students are required to obtain a copy of the Commercial Driver License manual from a local DMV office prior to the beginning of class. It is recommended that you obtain the manual as soon as possible. You will need to study sections 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. It is expected that you will come to class on the first day knowing this material as you must obtain your Class A CDL permit during the first week of class if you have not done so prior to the first day of class. Failure to obtain your permit during the first week will result in dismissal form the program. The cost of the permit is $60.00. You must make payment to the NCDMV when you pass the permit test. You only have three (3) attempts to pass the permit test. Each time the test will contain different questions. You can only take the test once per day.
Additionally, during the first week of class, you must complete the following requirements:
- DOT/Physical: Obtain “Long Form Physical.” Applicants are required to schedule their DOT Physical with Fayetteville DOT Exams & Testing. Appointments will be made online at www.fayettevilledotexams.com ($125.oo – student is responsible for payment at the time services are rendered)
- Drug Screen: Fayetteville DOT Exams & Testing will conduct your drug screen at the time of your DOT Physical. Appointments will be made online at www.fayettevilledotexams.com (included in cost of DOT Physical – student is responsible for payment at the time services are rendered)
- Driving History Record: A non-certified copy may be obtained at www.ncdot.org/dmv or at your local DMV office. The cost is $10.00. This record must be within the last 30 days.
- Criminal History Background: Each applicant to the program must agree to a criminal history background check. The form will be provided on the first day of class.
- Student Registration Data Form: If you received this form via email, you will not need to complete the form prior to registration. A form will be provided on the first day of class.
Rules and Regulations
A copy of the FTCC Commercial Driver’s License program Rules & Policies is below. Please familiarize yourself with them prior to class. Your instructor will cover each item in depth during the first day of class.
Documents Required at Registration
Copies of the following are required by the first day of class:
- Program Application (will be provided at Registration)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Completed Criminal Background History Certification and Release form (provided at registration)
2018 Available Programs
|CDL Truck Driver Training||
May 15 – July 13 (Day)
May 14 – September 30 (Evening)
|Collision Repair (Changing Lanes)||February 6 – June 8
March 20 – July 20
May 1 – August 31
June 19 – October 19
July 31 – November 30
September 11 – January 17
October 30 – March 7
December 11 – April 17
|EMT Basic||May 30 – July 25
August 1 – September 26
October 10 – December 5
|Information Technology (CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+)||August 1 – October 2
October 10 – December 12
|Logistics (OSHA 30 & Lean Six Sigma/Yellow Belt)||July 11- July 25
September 5 – September 19
November 28 – December 12
|Pipe/Structural Welding||May 8 – August 24
August 28 – December 18
|Solar Technology (Solar Ready Vets)||June 6 – July 17
September 12 – October 22
|Telecommunications (CATV Cabling & Fiber Optics I)||TBD – program revision|