Tom McLean Ambassadors
The Tom McLean Ambassador Program is an honorary group of students selected to represent Fayetteville Technical Community College. Each FTCC Ambassador commits to one full year of service to FTCC, participating in events as needed, and receives a scholarship as recognition for their service.
The FTCC Student Ambassadors are involved in a variety of activities both on campus and in the community. Activities include assisting with on-campus registration, graduation fairs and ceremonies, fundraisers for FTCC, and various campus events.
- Receive a $1,000 scholarship ($500 each semester)
- Form friendships with FTCC students, faculty, alumni, administrators, staff, and VIP’s
- Develop leadership skills
- Network with community leaders and employers
- Receive employment and College application skills
We encourage you to apply for this prestigious opportunity to be the face of FTCC!
- Enroll at FTCC and take a minimum of 12 credit hours to qualify.
- Submit an Online Application.
- Provide required documents by April 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:Fayetteville Technical Community College
P.O. Box 35236
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Student’s full name must be included on each of the following:
- Two letters of reference from someone within the FTCC educational community (instructor, staff person, alumnus, or administrator)
- List of community service, awards, and/or accomplishments
- FTCC Transcript
Denzel A. Coats
Program: Psychology – Associate In Arts
Aspiration: He would like to continue his education in the field of psychology and counseling.
Interesting Fact: He was named after Denzel Washington and a Ninja Turtle.
Program: Associated in Applied Science – Nursing and Associates of Arts – Philosophy
Aspiration: She desires to become a Nurse Practitioner and eventually a Nurse Midwife
Interesting Fact: Alex was born on the west coast in California, and raised in many states before landing in Fayetteville.
Program: Criminal Justice
Aspiration: She desires to be a forensic scientist working in a crime lab with law enforcement.
Interesting Fact: Maria holds 3 Financial Industry Licenses and is a Registered Investment Advisor.
Program: Construction and Building, Plumbing and Welding Technology
Aspiration: He plans to pursue a position as an instructor at FTCC
Interesting Fact: His true passion is baseball and he coaches The West Fayetteville Baseball Team and is the Varsity Coach at Fayetteville Christian School.
Program: Medical Office Administration
Aspiration: To continue his education through a Bachelor’s Degree at Fayetteville State University.
Interesting Fact: He has lived in many different countries and can speak nearly 5 different languages.