Benefits of Scholarships
- Unlike loans, scholarships do not need to be repaid.
- Students can save federal financial aid for a bachelor’s degree and beyond.
- Scholarships look great on applications and may increase a student’s chances for admission into select four-year colleges and universities.
Golden LEAF Foundation Scholarship Opportunity
The Golden LEAF Scholars Program will provide grants of up to $2250 per year for curriculum students and up to $1850 per year for continuing education students to assist with tuition, fees, books, supplies, child care, transportation and credential/licensure expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Curriculum Students:
- North Carolina Resident
- Financial need based on Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- 2.0 minimum GPA
- Enrolled Full Time
- Reside in a rural county that is tobacco dependent and/or economically challenged
Eligibility Criteria for Workforce Continuing Education Students:
- Enrolling in Workforce Continuing Education pathways/courses offered for 96 hours or more and leading to state or industry recognized credential. Pathways may consist of a single WCE course or a series of courses
- Reside in North Carolina
- Eligibility criteria for students include:
- is unemployed;
- has received notification of pending layoff;
- is working and is eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit; or
- is working and earning wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelines
Tom McLean Ambassadors Scholarship Program
The Tom McLean Ambassador Program is an honorary group of students selected to represent Fayetteville Technical Community College. Each FTCC Ambassador commits to one full year of service to FTCC, participating in events as needed, and receives a scholarship as recognition for their service.
The FTCC Student Ambassadors are involved in a variety of activities both on campus and in the community. Activities include assisting with on-campus registration, graduation fairs and ceremonies, fundraisers for FTCC, and various campus events.
- Receive a $1,000 scholarship ($500 each semester)
- Form friendships with FTCC students, faculty, alumni, administrators, staff, and VIP’s
- Develop leadership skills
- Network with community leaders and employers
- Receive employment and College application skills
We encourage you to apply for this prestigious opportunity to be the face of FTCC!
How to Apply
- Enroll at FTCC and have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours to qualify.
- Submit an Online Application
- Provide required documents by April 1, 2021
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- USPS mail addressed to:
Fayetteville Technical Community College
P.O. Box 35236
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Student’s full name must be included on each of the following:
- Two letters of reference from someone within the FTCC educational community (instructor, staff person, alumnus, or administrator)
- List of community service, awards, and/or accomplishments