May 4th Updates:
We wanted to be sure you saw this important notice regarding the May Commencement Ceremonies.
As you probably heard from President Dr. Keen last month, we have made the difficult decision to postpone our May Commencement ceremonies due to the ongoing concerns related to COVID-19 and guidance from public health officials regarding large gatherings.
We know how hard you have worked to reach this important milestone in your life and we have rescheduled the 2020 Commencement / Graduation for December 10th, 2020. Rehearsal will be held on December 9th, 2020. We know things may happen between now and December and request for you to not confirm attending until November 2020.
We have rescheduled the Grad Fair for November 10th, 2020. Your regalia, cords, and name cards will be issued November 10th, 2020. We will still offer cap and gown portraits, opportunities to register as an Alumni Member, and order class rings during the event.
Due to logistical reasons, we are unable to mail items or allow pick up before November. We may revisit this in the future once the Governor moves NC to Phase Two of re-opening and appreciate your patience.
Please note: The FTCC Registrar does not anticipate any disruption to degree conferrals at this time. If you complete your academic requirements and are approved by the Registrar, you will still receive your diploma in the mail to the address you provided in your application process. This process is separate from any Commencement ceremony or related event.
If you have not completed your Graduation Exit Surveys, please do so today! Visit https://www.research.net/r/FTCCGraduate2019-2020 to complete your FTCC Exit Survey.
Thank you for your understanding as we all work together to keep our graduates and our guests safe. We look forward to honoring your hard work and still celebrating your 2020 Academic Achievement!
For more information and to remain updated about FTCC’s response to the coronavirus, please make a daily check of the school’s coronavirus update website. You’re also encouraged to sign up for the school’s emergency text notification system – FayText – and to check FTCC’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
March 24th Updates:
- Graduation rehearsal is now scheduled for Dec. 9. Commencement ceremonies will be Dec. 10. Both will take place at the Crown Coliseum. The times of both events will be announced at a later date.
- The Grad Fair is postponed until November. A specific time and date of the event will be announced when it is finalized.
- Students who ordered regalia for home delivery (orders placed after March 7 – May 1) should still expect to receive those items in the mail. The vendor, Oak Hill, is still preparing orders so we do ask for patience during this time.
- Mailing documents, such as transcripts, are still scheduled to be sent out four weeks after the final grade of courses are entered. Also, diplomas should begin being mailed out after May 15 unless a delay occurs.
- Students are still encouraged to visit the online stores for graduation memorabilia such as the FTCC Bookstore, ring vendor and the Alumni Association. .
- If you have additional questions or concerns, email Assessment Retention Support Coordinator Marlina Pineiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 23rd Update: FTCC’s May graduation ceremony is rescheduled for December 10th; rehearsal is planned for December 9th. Have questions? Email email@example.com.
The March 19, 2020 message from Dr. J. Larry Keen, president of Fayetteville Technical Community College:
“It is with deep regret that I must announce that Fayetteville Technical Community College is canceling its May commencement ceremony”.
“This difficult decision was made out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health and safety of students and their families, faculty, staff, and the community. While we hope the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will be improving by May 15, the date we had set for graduation, the current situation is far too serious for us to count on this. FTCC is doing all it can to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved with the campus and their families. That includes shifting most classes online, enforcing guidelines about social distancing and hygiene, and working with students, faculty and staff to continue operations in the safest manner possible.
“FTCC will celebrate the important achievements of the Class of 2020 and give those graduates the chance to walk across the stage in cap and gown. But we will now plan to do this in December instead of in May. As these plans develop, we will keep everyone informed. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to abide by CDC guidelines aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19. Together, we can and will come through this trying time. Thank you.”
Please continue to monitor your student email account for updates.
Rehearsal – Wednesday, December 9, 2020; times to be announced.
Please attend the correct rehearsal time based on your area of study.
Honor tassels and cords will be distributed at graduation rehearsal based on your fall GPA.
*Note, friends and family are not permitted inside the building during the rehearsal.
Graduation – Thursday, December 10, 2020
Fayetteville Technical Community College will hold its 2020 commencements on December 10, 2020 at the Crown Coliseum Complex in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Morning commencement time to be announced:
Afternoon commencement time to be announced:
Application Dates & Deadlines (TBA)
|Dec 6, 2019||Fall Application Deadline|
|March 5, 2020||Last Day to Order Regalia for Campus Delivery|
|March 7, 2020||First Date to order Home Delivery / Distant Learners|
|March 6, 2020||Spring Application Deadline|
|November 10, 2020
Annual Grad Fair
|April 13, 2020||Graduation Program Deadline (Get your name in before the deadline!)|
|May 1, 2020||Deadline for Cap and Gown Orders|
|December 9, 2020||Rehearsal|
|December 10, 2020||Graduation|
|July 10, 2020||Summer Application Deadline|
|August 31, 2020||Deadline to submit 2019-2020 Graduation Application Refund|
Military Cords are available to all graduates who have served in any branch of Service.
Announcements, Tickets, Invitations
- Is there a difference between Tickets, Invitations, and Announcements?
- No, they are one in the same.
- Are they required for Friends and Family?
- No, this event is open to the public
- Can I order more Announcements?
- Yes, please complete the Purchase Additional Graduation Announcements form.
- Do the Announcements say my name?
- No, they only say the time and location of the event. If you wish to purchase announcements that are personalized you may do so through our third party vendor Balfour.