March 24th Updates:
- Graduation rehearsal is now scheduled for Dec. 9. Commencement ceremonies will be Dec. 10. Both will take place at the Crown Coliseum. The times of both events will be announced at a later date.
- The Grad Fair is postponed until November. A specific time and date of the event will be announced when it is finalized.
- Students who ordered regalia for home delivery (orders placed after March 7 – May 1) should still expect to receive those items in the mail. The vendor, Oak Hill, is still preparing orders so we do ask for patience during this time.
- Mailing documents, such as transcripts, are still scheduled to be sent out four weeks after the final grade of courses are entered. Also, diplomas should begin being mailed out after May 15 unless a delay occurs.
- Students are still encouraged to visit the online stores for graduation memorabilia such as the FTCC Bookstore, ring vendor and the Alumni Association. .
- If you have additional questions or concerns, email Assessment Retention Support Coordinator Marlina Pineiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 23rd Update: FTCC’s May graduation ceremony is rescheduled for December 10th; rehearsal is planned for December 9th. Have questions? Email email@example.com.
The March 19, 2020 message from Dr. J. Larry Keen, president of Fayetteville Technical Community College:
“It is with deep regret that I must announce that Fayetteville Technical Community College is canceling its May commencement ceremony”.
“This difficult decision was made out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health and safety of students and their families, faculty, staff, and the community. While we hope the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will be improving by May 15, the date we had set for graduation, the current situation is far too serious for us to count on this. FTCC is doing all it can to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved with the campus and their families. That includes shifting most classes online, enforcing guidelines about social distancing and hygiene, and working with students, faculty and staff to continue operations in the safest manner possible.
“FTCC will celebrate the important achievements of the Class of 2020 and give those graduates the chance to walk across the stage in cap and gown. But we will now plan to do this in December instead of in May. As these plans develop, we will keep everyone informed. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to abide by CDC guidelines aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19. Together, we can and will come through this trying time. Thank you.”
Please continue to monitor your student email account for updates.
Rehearsal – Wednesday, December 9, 2020; times to be announced.
Please attend the correct rehearsal time based on your area of study.
Honor tassels and cords will be distributed at graduation rehearsal based on your fall GPA.
*Note, friends and family are not permitted inside the building during the rehearsal.
Graduation – Thursday, December 10, 2020
Fayetteville Technical Community College will hold its 2020 commencements on December 10, 2020 at the Crown Coliseum Complex in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Morning commencement time to be announced:
Afternoon commencement time to be announced:
Application Dates & Deadlines (TBA)
|Dec 6, 2019||Fall Application Deadline|
|March 5, 2020||Last Day to Order Regalia for Campus Delivery|
|March 7, 2020||First Date to order Home Delivery / Distant Learners|
|March 6, 2020||Spring Application Deadline|
|Postponed until November (date/time will be announced when finalized.||
Annual Grad Fair
|April 13, 2020||Graduation Program Deadline (Get your name in before the deadline!)|
|May 1, 2020||Deadline for Cap and Gown Orders|
|December 9, 2020||Rehearsal|
|December 10, 2020||Graduation|
|July 10, 2020||Summer Application Deadline|
|August 31, 2020||Deadline to submit 2019-2020 Graduation Application Refund|
Military Cords are available to all graduates who have served in any branch of Service.
Announcements, Tickets, Invitations
- Is there a difference between Tickets, Invitations, and Announcements?
- No, they are one in the same.
- Are they required for Friends and Family?
- No, this event is open to the public
- Can I order more Announcements?
- Yes, please complete the Purchase Additional Graduation Announcements form.
- Do the Announcements say my name?
- No, they only say the time and location of the event. If you wish to purchase announcements that are personalized you may do so through our third party vendor Balfour.