Getting Ready to Graduate
Graduation Application Deadlines
for the 2019-2020 Year
- Fall Semester – December 6, 2019
- Spring Semester – March 6, 2020
- Summer Semester – July 10, 2020
Whether or not you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, a completed & submitted graduation application is required for you to receive your degree, diploma and/or certificate.
To be eligible for graduation, a student must:
- Successfully complete all curriculum program requirements
- Achieve sufficient quality points to average a 2.0 GPA (cumulative and major)
- Achieve passing grades in all required hours
- A student MUST be enrolled in the last class(es) needed for program completion in order to apply for graduation
- Complete a minimum of 25% of resident credit at FTCC
- Apply and pay for graduation in WebAdvisor per degree, diploma, and/or certificate, but the appropriate deadline
- All Financial Aid Loan borrowers are required to complete an Exit Counseling Survey
- Complete the FTCC Exit Survey (Required for Graduates)
- Order your cap and gown before the deadline
- Continue to monitor your student email for any notifications
- Pay close attention to item #4 (student must be enrolled in the last class(es) needed for program completion)
Rehearsal – Thursday, May 21, 2020
- Please attend the correct rehearsal time based on your area of study.
- Honor tassels and cords will be distributed at graduation rehearsal based on your fall GPA.
- Graduating Veterans! Military Cords are available for all graduates who have served in any branch of Service.
- Friends and family are not permitted inside the building during the rehearsal.
Graduation – Friday, May 22, 2020
Fayetteville Technical Community College will hold its 2019 commencements on May 22, 2020 at the Crown Coliseum Complex in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Application Dates & Deadlines
|Dec 6, 2019||Fall Application Deadline|
|March 5, 2020||Last Day to Order Regalia for Campus Delivery|
|March 7, 2020||First Date to order Home Delivery / Distant Learners|
|March 6, 2020||Spring Application Deadline|
|April 7, 2020||
Annual Grad Fair
|April 13, 2020||Graduation Program Deadline (Get your name in before the deadline!)|
|May 6, 2020||Deadline for Cap and Gown Orders|
|May 21, 2020||Rehearsal|
|May 22, 2020||Graduation|
|July 10, 2020||Summer Application Deadline|
|August 31, 2020||Deadline to submit 2019-2020 Graduation Application Refund|
Announcements, Tickets, Invitations
- Is there a difference between Tickets, Invitations, and Announcements?
- No, they are one in the same.
- Are they required for Friends and Family?
- No, this event is open to the public
- Can I order more Announcements?
- Yes, please complete the Purchase Additional Graduation Announcements form.
- Do the Announcements say my name?
- No, they only say the time and location of the event. If you wish to purchase announcements that are personalized you may do so through our third party vendor Balfour.