The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security have designated Fayetteville Technical Community College as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Two-Year Education (CAE2Y)
Students can choose several options to obtain this recognition as well as receive your degree credential. Review options under program options. In addition industry level IT certifications are highly recommended after completing certificate related courses.
A student will spend an average of 850 hours with hands-on skills-based training while in the Systems Security & Analysis program.
Systems Security & Analysis is a concentration under the Information Technology program.
This curriculum provides individuals with the skills required to analyze and implement effective and comprehensive information security controls.
The program incorporates the competencies of industry-recognized certification exams.
Graduates should qualify for employment in entry-level positions with businesses, educational systems, and governmental agencies that rely on computer systems to design and manage information.
Fayetteville Technical Community College has been named the recipient of the 2019 Academic Innovator of the Year Award by EC-Council, an organization committed to expanding Cyber security career paths in higher education.
The Red Hat Academy at Fayetteville Technical Community College has been awarded the Red Hat Training Academy Innovator’s Award for FY2020 and the Red Hat Training Academy Director’s Award for the 2020-2021 academic year. Also, Rhiannon Holley received the Red Hat Training Academy Director’s Award – Instructor for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Cybersecurity Events & News
ISSAFFB Upcoming Virtual Meetings
October 27th 6:30pm
November 17th 6:30pm
See link for details and to join the meetings https://issaffb.org/events
- Fayetteville Technical Community College is training people to protect others from cyber attacks
- CYBERCOM Announces Academic Engagement Network Partners
- FREE Cybersecurity Resources and Labs
- Fayetteville Tech, Red Hat commit to helping veterans find IT jobs
- Find your cybersecurity pathway with NICCS’s Cyber Career Pathways Tool!
- NIST: Free and Low Cost Online Cyber Security Learning Content
- Perspective | Carolina Cyber Network expands with legislative support
- Red Hat Academy Case Study of how FTCC helps delivers industry training