NCCCS has partnered with Interact Communications to develop and launch this campaign to promote scholarships available via the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund to eligible North Carolina community college students pursuing high-demand workforce training programs within 10 workforce pathways leading to a state or industry-recognized credential.
Core Campaign Objectives
- Drive enrollment to each college’s workforce programs in the 10 GEER- funded industry sectors: Automotive, Aircraft Maintenance, Construction, Criminal Justice, Emergency Medical Services, Healthcare, Industrial Manufacturing, Information Technology, Transportation, and Fire and Rescue Services.
- Remove perceived barriers to enroll.
- Create statewide awareness of opportunity to get skills needed to quickly change/launch careers for little to no cost.
- Show North Carolina Community Colleges as the bridge to work and recovery for those who’ve lost jobs due to the pandemic.
Why It Works!
- Timely, universal appeal: Everyone is just one move away from a better life. Now is the time, and a North Carolina Community College is the way to flip over that block, i.e., “Turn over a new YOU.”
- Simplicity and flexibility: Works across multiple media formats.
- Emotional appeal: Conveys needed sense of understanding, urgency, and control via a stress-free solution.
- Continuity of bold visual identity established via NCCCS’ “Your Hire Education” campaign.
Employ an aspirational, integrated, targeted digital ad campaign to drive eligible student leads to a branded campaign landing page that promotes the scholarship opportunity and connects prospective students directly to their preferred North Carolina Community College, where they can apply for the scholarship and explore the programs available near them.
Primary Target Audience
Underemployed and unemployed adults, 25-44 years old, who need to quickly and affordably upskill with credentials that will help them secure a new job with stability, upward mobility, and the ability to provide for their family.