Nine FTCC faculty members, representing various programs, have been selected to receive League Excellence Awards.
The recipients are:
- Dr. Rondell Bennett, Early Childhood Department Chair
- Ms. Donna DeVault, Business Administration Instructor
- Mr. Larry Andy Harmon, AUT/Maintenance & Light Repair Program Coordinator
- Ms. Jessica Jones, Dental Hygiene Instructor
- Ms. Kristen Kaiafas, Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
- Dr. Margarete Morley, College & Career Readiness Instructor
- Dr. Dwarka Ramphal, Communication Program Coordinator
- Ms. Michelle Robinson, Mathematics Instructor
- Ms. Sara Smith, Advertising & Graphic Design Instructor
The Associate Vice Presidents for Curriculum Programs and Corporate & Continuing Education collaborated to select the faculty members who have demonstrated excellence in the classroom through innovative instructional practice and exceptional support to students for consideration to receive the League Excellence Award. The selectees were then approved by FTCC President Dr. Mark Sorrells.
“The FTCC family is delighted with your accomplishments and wishes to express appreciation for the hard work and dedication you have contributed to FTCC’s mission of helping students succeed academically and improving social and economic mobility of our students and their families,” Sorrells said. “We extend our gratitude for the caring nature you display toward our students and offer congratulations on a job well done!”
According to its website, the League for Innovation in the Community College has been recognizing outstanding faculty, staff, and leaders in the community college field who have made a significant difference in the lives of students and in the communities their colleges serve with Excellence Awards since 2012.
Each recipient of the League Excellence Award will receive a specially cast, pewter medallion and certificate. Recipients may choose to attend the Innovations Conference which will be held March 11-14, 2023 in Tempe, Arizona.