It is easy for military students to start or continue their education. If you are a new student ready to enroll in courses or programs offered by FTCC, follow the steps below. We encourage you to visit your Education Center on post before you enroll in classes with FTCC.  If at anytime you need assistance – do not hesitate to call 910-678-1050 or email us at

FTCC Military Programs

Bragg Training & Education Center (BTEC)


Building 1-3571, Wing F
4520 Knox Street, Fort Bragg, North Carolina 28310

Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 5:00PM
Phone: 910-678-1050




Military friendly top 10


What should I know about Tuition Assistance?

It’s recommend that you complete the process of requesting tuition assistance at least thirty (30) days prior to your FTCC class start date!

FTCC has proudly provided affordable and convenient educational pathways for our nation’s military for over four decades. We are committed to supporting our military students in their pursuit of education through:

  • A Tuition Grant to cover any tuition costs over $250/credit hour (TA Limit)
  • Credit for Military Training based on your military training and experience will reduce the number of courses needed to complete your degree
  • Low or No Cost Textbooks to limit any out-of-pocket costs
  • Waived Administrative Fees for all military students using tuition assistance

Note: Reserves make sure you select the appropriate branch portal .

How do I apply for Tuition Assistance (TA) & register for classes?

FTCC’s goal is to ensure you receive all the credits you deserve, whether from previous institutions attended or as a result of your military education and training. It is essential to provide all official transcripts and required documents in order to facilitate the credit evaluation process.

Apply for TA & Admission

To apply for admission, go to your Service Branch Portal and follow the directions as detailed.

Service Branch Form Help Line
Air Force AF 1227 877-596-5771, Option 7
Army DA 2171 800-817-9990
Coast Guard CGI 1560 405-954-1360
Marine Corps NAVMC 10883  
National Guard
Air Force Portal
Army State Portal
Air Force: AF 1127
Army: DA 2171
Air Force: 877-596-5771
Army: 877-838-1659
Navy NAVEDTRA 1560/5 800-817-1659

Note: Reserves should select the appropriate branch portal.

Army Tuition Assistance

All active-duty, National Guard and Reserve Army students seeking to complete a degree with FTCC using Army Tuition Assistance (TA) need to apply through the GoArmyEd portal using the Commons Application.

If you are using TA for the first time, follow these steps:

  1. Visit GoArmyEd and create an account.
  2. Visit your local education center to select your program of study and submit your Tuition Assistance documentation.
Soldiers with Deactivated Accounts

Update your Common Application trough GoArmyEd to re-select FTCC as your home college.

Important Information
  • Designate Fayetteville Technical Community College as your “Home College” so FTCC can receive your Common Application.
  • Only an Army Education Counselor can officially change your “Home College” in GoArmyEd.
  • Students must contact an Army Education Counselor to change their degree program at FTCC.

Once your application is submitted, an account will be created at FTCC.

How do I use my VA benefits at FTCC?



In order to use your VA educational benefits, you must first follow the steps to apply for admission to FTCC.

Apply to FTCC

Complete and submit the FTCC admissions application.