Using VA Benefits

How to Enroll at FTCC Using VA Educational Benefits

In order to use your VA educational benefits, you must first follow the steps to apply for admission to FTCC.

1. Apply to FTCC

Complete and submit the FTCC admissions application.

2. Submit Official Transcripts

Submit all official high school, college, and military transcripts. View a full list of Military Required Documents. All transcripts must be official, sealed documents submitted by your school to:

Fayetteville Technical Community College
Admissions Office
PO Box 35236
2201 Hull Road
Fayetteville, NC 28303

3. Apply for Financial Aid

Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you are interested in using financial aid or scholarships.

4. Schedule a Placement Test

Unless exempt, take the NC DAP assessment to be placed in an appropriate level for English and Math.

5. Register for Classes

Register for your classes in WebAdvisor or by meeting with your assigned program advisor. If you need assistance, please visit the welcome desk in the Tony Rand Student Center.

6. Request Enrollment Certification

– Complete and submit the VA Certification Request Form once per semester. Repeated submittal will cause duplication and may delay certification of enrollment.

– The request form notifies the School Certifying Official (SCO) of the student’s intention to use VA education benefits, and provides the SCO authorization to certify enrollment to VA for payment of benefits.

– VA will only pay in-state tuition rates. Confirm your residency during the admissions process.  Students charged out-of-state rates are required to pay the difference in tuition cost before certification of enrollment can occur. Student may be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.

– The VA (not the FTCC Veterans Services office) will send each student a confirmation email after your certification has been processed.

7. Submit VA Supporting Documents

Collect the following documents and submit all paperwork to the All American Veterans Center in the General Classroom Building (GCB) Room 202-A. You may also email the documents as a PDF attachment, or fax to 910-678-0085.

  1. Certificate of Eligibility or Veterans Online Application
  2. DD-214/NOBE
  3. Birth Certificate (Chapter 35 Only)
  4. Official transcripts for all educational institutions attended (required)

Note: Please complete all forms. No partial paperwork will be accepted.

Unless Advance payment is requested and received, you will be required to pay all tuition, fees and books out of pocket. The Chapter 33/ Post 9-11 GI Bill pays tuition and fees directly to the school. If you qualify, a monthly housing allowance and annual book stipend are paid to the student.

Confirm your residency status during the admissions process. The VA only pays in-state rates. If you are an out-of-state student, you will have to pay the difference before you can be certified.

Contact 1-877-823-2378 or visit the GI Bill website for direct deposit information.