Tuition Assistance (TA)
We recommend giving yourself at least 30 days prior to your desired course start date to complete the process of requesting tuition assistance.
FTCC has proudly provided affordable and convenient educational pathways for our nation’s military for over four decades. We are committed to supporting our military students in their pursuit of education through:
– A Tuition Grant to cover any tuition costs over $250/credit hour (TA Limit)
– Waived Administrative Fees for all military students using tuition assistance
– Low or No Cost Textbooks to limit any out-of-pocket costs
– Credit for Military Training based on your military training and experience will reduce the number of courses needed to complete your degree
Tuition Assistance by Branch
|Air Force||AF 1227||877-596-5771, Option 7|
|Coast Guard||CGI 1560||405-954-1360|
|Marine Corps||NAVMC 10883|
Air Force Portal
Army State Portal
|Air Force: AF 1227
Army: DA 2171
|Air Force: 877-596-5771
Note: Reserves should select the appropriate branch portal above.
1. Tuition Assistance Briefing
Visit your local education center and speak to an Education Services Officer for a briefing on TA.
2. Request Tuition Assistance
Log into the education portal for your branch and follow the steps to enroll and request TA, designating FTCC as your college of choice.
4. Take Placement Test
If required, schedule your NC DAP test to be placed in an appropriate course level for English and Math.
6. Register for Courses
Register for courses through your branch education portal. If the courses are not yet available through your portal, you may register on WebAdvisor to reserve a seat, but you must remember to also register through your portal to secure tuition assistance.
Note: Review the cost information carefully for what is covered by tuition assistance and if there is a remaining student balance.
- TA cannot be used for a previously taken course.
- If a service member already earned an associate degree, TA cannot be used for a course at the associate degree level unless it is job-related.
- Service members may take up to 16 semester hours (SH) per fiscal year with a tuition cap of $250/SH each year.
- Family members may not use TA, but may be eligible for other benefits.
– Transfer Post-9/11 GI Bill to Spouse and Dependents
– MyCAA Scholarship for Spouses
– Family members of a deceased active duty service member or retired veteran may be eligible for dependent benefits. See U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for more information.