The Mammography curriculum provides registered radiologic technologists the didactic and clinical experience necessary to become registered mammographers.
- Traditional Clinic – The program arranges a clinical education site for the student.
- Nontraditional Clinic – The student arranges a clinical education site.
– The site must sign an affiliation agreement with the College.
– The student must provide contact information for the site representative that approved the use of the site.
Students must have Radiography licensure in the clinical education site’s state, where applicable. Admission into the program is contingent upon authorization of the state in which the student resides.
All didactic courses will be offered online. The clinical education course will meet in person for 15 hours per week.
Course work includes clinical rotations to mammography facilities, breast anatomy and physiology, patient preparation and education, mammographic procedures, interventional procedures, image analysis, mammographic instrumentation, physics, quality control, and quality assurance.
The Mammography Program at Fayetteville Technical Community College follows the Mammography Quality Standards Act and its regulations enforced by the Food and Drug Administration. Students completing the program will also meet the didactic and clinical experience required to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists post-primary certification examination in Mammography.
Website: Mammography Quality Standards Act
Graduates will meet the Mammography Quality Standards Act initial training requirements for mammography and may be eligible to apply to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) post primary certification in Mammography.
- Complete FTCC Application Process
- Starting June 1st for Fall or Spring entry, contact Michelle Walden to apply for the Mammography Program:
email@example.com or 910-678-8533
- Information to include:
– Student ID Number
– Traditional or Nontraditional Clinic Option
– Semester for which you are applying
- Student must be American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certified in Radiography in order to be eligible for admission to the program.
- Students who are not selected to start in the Fall semester will be moved to the Spring semester list after students who originally chose to start in the Spring semester.
Estimated Program Costs
|ITEM||IN-STATE COST||OUT-OF-STATE COST|
|Tuition & Fees||$1,264.00||$4,336.00|
|Background Check/Drug Screen||$70.00||$70.00|
|Books & Supplies||$115.00||$115.00|