Office Information

Fayetteville Campus
Tony Rand Student Center, Room 2, 2201 Hull Road, Fayetteville, NC 28303
Phone Number
Fax Number
Office Hours Monday - Friday
Mon, Wed - Fri: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, Tues: 8:00AM - 7:00PM
FTCC’s Federal School Code: 007640

Satisfactory Academic Progress

SAP Calculators

Federal and state regulations require an institution to establish a reasonable satisfactory academic progress (SAP) policy to determine whether an eligible student is progressing satisfactorily in his or her academic program to receive assistance under the Title IV, Higher Education Act programs. A student is expected to maintain a minimum level of progress towards completion of a degree, diploma, or certificate program that is eligible for financial aid.

Procedure Statement

In order to be eligible for financial aid, students must meet the minimum guidelines:

1. Qualitative Standard – Must not be suspended according to the College’s academic suspension procedure. In addition, a student must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0.

2. Quantitative Standard (financial aid pace) – Completion of a minimum percentage of work is measured to ensure that a student completes his or her program of study within the maximum timeframe allowed based on the published length of the student’s academic program. The number of hours attempted is defined as the total cumulative number of credit hours for which you were enrolled at the generic 10% point of each term. The total number of hours earned is defined as the total cumulative number of credit hours for which the student received a passing grade as noted on the student’s academic transcript.

Must earn 67% of the total cumulative credit hours attempted (including all transfer credits). For example, if the student attempted 30 credits, he or she must earn at least 20 credits of the 30 credits attempted (30 x 67% = 20).

3. Maximum Time Frame – Must complete a program of study in a timeframe not to exceed 150% of the published length of the program, excluding the first 30 attempted credit hours of developmental education. This will be measured in credit hours (e.g., if the academic program length requires 60 credit hours, then the maximum time frame cannot exceed 90 credit hours attempted). Transfer credits accepted by FTCC from other institutions are included in the maximum timeframe calculation.

4. MonitoringThe Financial Aid Office will monitor satisfactory academic progress every semester (including summer).

5. Change of Major Students who change their major are still responsible for maintaining satisfactory academic progress according to the policy as outlined. A review of satisfactory academic progress will be based on the student’s program of study. Changing from an associate degree program to a diploma or a certificate program may result in a student losing their federal and state eligibility.

6. Students may submit an appeal using the Satisfactory Academic Appeal e-Form and attaching appropriate documentation to explain extenuating circumstances that prevented them from maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress. Appeals will be reviewed by a Satisfactory Academic Progress Committee. The Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Services or the Associate Vice President for Student Services may make professional judgment calls regarding all appeals. The full version of the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy is available on FTCC’s website at .

(PDF format)

Essentials Pleu Sula

Class Withdrawal Policy

College Refund Policy

When a student withdraws from the college, refunds will be returned to the programs from which the student received aid. The date of withdrawal is determined by the Registration and Records Office and is based upon the date the Withdrawal Form is completed including all signatures and is submitted to the Registration and Records Office. Refunds are processed according to the refund policy.


Financial Aid Electronic Forms (eFORMS) is a powerful tool accessible from WebAdvisor that can be used to submit missing documents to the Financial Aid Office. The eFORM is linked to a student’s WebAdvisor account.

When a student submits a completed eFORM, the Financial Aid Office receives an immediate notification. Once all required forms are received, a student’s file will be reviewed. If a form is missing information or is completed incorrectly, it will be rejected and the student will receive an email detailing the corrections needed.

Accessing eFORMS

  1. Read Understanding Financial Aid E-Forms (PDF)
  2. Login to WebAdvisor
  3. Select “Financial Aid eFORMS” under the Financial Aid Section

Use the icons at the top to view all forms, saved drafts, forms you need to submit, and copies of completed forms.

Important Policies

Course Repeat Policy

Students may only receive federal financial aid funding for one repeat of a previously passed course.

More Financial Aid Resources

Aunt Bertha

Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy for people to find the assistance they need in just a few clicks. Having served 1.8 million people to date, Aunt Bertha has the largest network of resources for every zip code, no matter the reason.

Whether you’re in need of food, childcare, or just a way to get to work, there are hundreds of expertly pin-pointed resources in your community, all thanks to Aunt Bertha.

Some other areas of assistance that Aunt Bertha matches resources to are:

  • Financial Assistance
  • Food
  • Education
  • Goods
  • General Care
  • Healthcare
  • Housing
  • Legal
  • Work
  • Transportation