Fayetteville Technical Community College Trojan Athletics is a proud member of the National Junior College Athletic Association’s Region 10.
The timeline of sports at Fayetteville Technical Community College (formerly Fayetteville Technical Institute) started over 50 years ago with a city league basketball and flag football team.
Fayetteville Technical Community College is proudly affiliated with the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Region 10 Division II.
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Men’s Golf
- Women’s Golf
- Mascot: Trojans
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics: Dr. Shannon M. Yates
View the 2020-21 FTCC Student-Athlete Handbook.
Tickets for basketball games will be available at the front gate 1 hour before game time and until the start of the second half.
- FTCC students with current ID’s: FREE
- Children under 10 years of age: FREE
- General admission: $5.00
Fayetteville Tech Community College established the Intercollegiate Sports Program to enhance an already vibrant Campus for Student Activities. The program will allow students to have a feel of a senior institution while being able to offer the finest education available to students. Student-athletes have natural leadership abilities and will enhance the student body. The program will be a positive factor for the image and success of FTCC.
- We will recruit student-athletes who have good character that will be a positive addition to our college. Our athletic staff will further develop those traits.
- We will work with each student-athlete to meet their personal and academic goals. We want to have 100% to graduate, transfer to a senior institution, or meet their academic goal.
- We will develop a program of academic support to assist student-athletes through Student Learning and continuing academic monitoring.
- We will prepare our student-athletes and teams to be competitive within the region, and build a program that is competitive nationally.
- We will follow all college and NJCAA policies, and comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
- We will operate in a transparent manner and model ethical behavior for the region.
Trojan Athletics Timeline
1964: FTI Students Join City Leagues
Basketball & Flag Football
1967: FTI Offers Intramural Sports
Flag Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Golf & Karate
1970: FTI Joins NC Community College Athletic Conference
Men’s Intercollegiate Basketball
43 Total Wins in 1973 & 1974
Cheerleading Squad Formed
1974: FTI Eliminates Intercollegiate Program
2016: FTCC Joins NJCAA Division II
Men’s & Women’s Basketball introduced
Men’s & Women’s Golf introduced