The Trojans are the athletic teams that represent Fayetteville Technical Community College.
Currently, the teams are part of the Region 10 National Junior College Athletic Association.
The timeline of sports at Fayetteville Technical Community College (formerly Fayetteville Technical Institute) started over 50 years ago with a city league basketball and flag football team.
Fayetteville Technical Community College is proudly affiliated with the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Region 10 Division II.
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Men’s Golf
- Women’s Golf
- Mascot: Trojans
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics: Michael Neal
Tickets for basketball games will be available at the front gate 1 hour before game time and until the start of the second half.
- FTCC students with current ID’s: FREE
- Children under 10 years of age: FREE
- General admission: $5.00
Fayetteville Tech Community College established the Intercollegiate Sports Program to enhance an already vibrant Campus for Student Activities. The program will allow students to have a feel of a senior institution while being able to offer the finest education available to students. Student-athletes have natural leadership abilities and will enhance the student body. The program will be a positive factor for the image and success of FTCC.
- We will recruit student-athletes who have good character that will be a positive addition to our college. Our athletic staff will further develop those traits.
- We will work with each student-athlete to meet their personal and academic goals. We want to have 100% to graduate, transfer to a senior institution, or meet their academic goal.
- We will develop a program of academic support to assist student-athletes through Student Learning and continuing academic monitoring.
- We will prepare our student-athletes and teams to be competitive within the region, and build a program that is competitive nationally.
- We will follow all college and NJCAA policies, and comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
- We will operate in a transparent manner and model ethical behavior for the region.
Trojan Athletics Timeline
1964: FTI Students Join City Leagues
Basketball & Flag Football
1967: FTI Offers Intramural Sports
Flag Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Golf & Karate
1970: FTI Joins NC Community College Athletic Conference
Men’s Intercollegiate Basketball
43 Total Wins in 1973 & 1974
Cheerleading Squad Formed
1974: FTI Eliminates Intercollegiate Program
2016: FTCC Joins NJCAA Division II
Men’s & Women’s Basketball introduced
Men’s & Women’s Golf introduced