Hurricane Florence Disaster Recovery Grant Funds Available for Qualifying Students
FTCC is one of 21 community colleges in North Carolina that received funds through the Hurricane Florence Disaster Recovery Act. These funds will go to support students’ continued enrollment by providing funds for losses/needs that are a direct result of Hurricane Florence. The North Carolina General Assembly provided these funds through special legislation to colleges most significantly affected by Hurricane Florence.
Applications are available online or may be picked up at the following areas:
- Thomas McLean Administration Building, Office of Business and Finance, Room 107
- Tony Rand Student Center, Room 132
- Neill Currie Building, Room 3
Completed applications will be accepted Monday – Friday at the following locations:
- Office of Business and Finance, Room 107, from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Office of Business and Finance, Room 117, from 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Completed applications may be mailed to the following address:
FTCC Office of Business and Finance
PO Box 35236
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Applicants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Funds are limited. Once all funds are awarded, applications will no longer be accepted.
Minimum eligibility criteria (applicants must meet all three criteria to be considered for award):
- Student is enrolled at FTCC when the grant application is submitted.
- Student has financial need related to the impact of Hurricane Florence, and the grant is necessary to mitigate the impact so that the student can remain enrolled.
- Student was either enrolled at an institution of higher education located in an impacted county on September 10, 2018, or the student resided, temporarily or permanently, in an impacted county on September 10, 2018.
All applications will go before a review committee for consideration of award. Applicants can expect to know the status of their application within approximately two (2) weeks of the College receiving completed application.