Serenity Therapeutic Services Office Assistant
Purpose of Position: The Office Assistant is an entry level position responsible for organizing office operations in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Salary Range: $9.00 per hour to $11.00 per hour depending on experience
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Office Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, Qualified Professionals, Corporate Compliance Officer, Operations Manager, and Facility Managers, as needed;
- Greets visitors, checks people in and out for appointments with management, schedules appointments;
- Ensure professional and courteous communications via telephone, fax, face-to-face, correspondence and any other method of communication used with all people served at the agency;
- Answer all incoming calls and direct or take messages as necessary;
- Prepare, proof and edit forms, documents, correspondence, programmatic material, reports, mailings, etc ensuring accuracy and meeting all established deadlines as required or requested;
- Manage the key control system which includes maintaining the key log system and key cabinet;
- Create, maintain, keep orderly and up-to-date the central filing system in relation to correspondence, mailing lists, form, agency directory, etc.;
- Ensure effective transfer of files and records to other officers;
- Ensure IT issues are reported and schedule IT repairs, maintain log of computer and printer information;
- Send out notifications and other announcements to staff and Management in a professional manner;
- Maintain, file and review Home Documentation for accuracy;
- Link and coordinate repairs for home, needed materials and supplies as approved by Operations Manager/Qualified Professional and/or CEO/Director;
- Work with inspectors for fire, environmental, sanitation, etc.;
- Construct and monitor company vehicle maintenance, facility maintenance, and other issues as instructed by supervisor;
- Process incoming mail with date stamp, provide monthly printer count and file receipts to ensure timely and accurate submission for billing purposes;
- Maintain and ensure ALL information pertaining to the agency is and remains confidential and should not be disclosed without proper permission;
- Complete all other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
- Ability to prioritize when pressed with competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of business writing standards and guidelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to compile information and present it in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Ability to understand services provided, policies and procedures, and the ability to demonstrate and apply this knowledge int he performance of supporting the day-to-day operations of the Agency, with the ability to explain and interpret information to clients, customers and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing via emails, memos, and other required documents. The ability to proofread documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting as necessary.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Computer skills (spreadsheet, word processing programs and e-mail at a highly proficient level)
- Ability to work independently with the necessary discipline required in an office setting.
- Serve as a team player to the general office staff and Agency as a whole.
- Participate in all required team meetings, committees, and audits as required.
- The prospective candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties requested.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Be flexible.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
Supervision and Training Provided to Employee: The local office will provide initial training. On-going training and supervision will be provided by the supervisor.
Physical Effort: There will also be interaction with consumers served.
Work Environment and Conditions: The Office Assistant works primarily in environmentally controlled offices where conditions are pleasant, although visits to the sites where services are being provided are necessary.
Interested please contact:
Serenity Therapeutic Services