Facility Supervisor at Hanesbrands Inc.
Job Title: Facility Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Facility Manager
Location:18400 Fieldcrest Road
Laurel Hill, NC 28351
About Hanesbrands Inc.
Hanesbrand is a socially responsible manufacturer and marketer of leading everyday basic apparel under some of the world’s strongest apparel brands in the Americas, Europe and Asia, as well as in Australia and South Africa. Our iconic innerwear and activewear apparel brands found in the United States and elsewhere include Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, Maidenform, JMS/Just My Size, Wonderbra and Gear for Sports. Founded in 1901, Hanes has a long history of innovation, product excellence, and brand recognition.
Based in Winston-Salem, NC, Hanes is a member of the S&P 500 and is ranked No. 490 on the Fortune 500 list. The company has approximately 65,300 employees in more than 40 countries. We take great pride in our strong reputation for ethical business practices and the success of our Hanes for Good corporate responsibility program for workplace practices and community and environmental improvement. The company is the only apparel producer to ever be honored by the Great Place to Work Institute for its workplace practices in Central America and the Caribbean. In the United States, the company has earned the Forbes magazine Best Place to Work honor. Hanes has won US Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star sustained excellence recognition for seven consecutive years.
Facility Supervisors perform a variety of duties to provide leadership and management of the unit/department. Makes sound business decisions; solves daily issues that arise within the department; develops processes and procedures to enhance workflow; conducts meetings and represents the unit/department at internal and external meetings. Manages employees and team performance by coaching and counseling; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures. Position requires the consistent exercise of individual judgment. Serves as a role model and maintains a professional working relationship with co-workers.
- 60% of Time – Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- 35% of Time – Clearly communicates job expectations to employees; manage employees and team performance; train or provide adequate training for employees; coach, counsel and motivate employees; investigate complaints or performance concerns; implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with direct Manager and Human Resources. Must ensure that general safety practices are performed.
- 5% of Time – Approve time off requests and overtime; review and maintain time and production records.
- Associate’s degree from two-year college or technical schools. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 1 year experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Must have overall appreciation and understanding of the facility and how their operation effects other areas to allow them to effectively schedule production/distribution through their operations.
- Good coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Facilitate assignments to maximize shift efficiencies and meet/exceed goals
- Ability to multi-task on a daily basis
- Interact with other Supervisors, employees and management at all levels
- Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Facility Supervisor VAP 2nd Shift
- Facility Supervisor Picking 2 – 1st Shift