Job Order: 11039532
Job Title: Driver and Custodian – Temporary Part Time
Type of Job: Temporary
Duration: over 150 Days
Green Job: No
Employer Name: Action Pathways, Inc.
Job Time Type: Part Time (less than 30 hours)
Job Created from ARRA (Stimulus): No
Job Duties and Skills:
Description: Action Pathways, Inc. Job Vacancy Announcement
Department/Location: Head Start/TBD
Type: Temporary Part Time/Non-Exempt
Entry: $10.06 per hour
Date Opened: 03/07/2019
Closing Date: 03/15/2019
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Two years’ driving experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
Background check with state and Federal Law Enforcement agency required. Selected applicant must submit to a pre-employment substance abuse screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs and alcohol as specified in agency policies. Must submit and receive negative results for random testing of same. Must be able to pass a post offer physical examination.
Action Pathways, Inc. is an “at-will” employer. Either the employee or Action Pathways, Inc. may terminate the employment arrangement at any time, with or without cause. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The job description or announcement is not an employment agreement or contact. Must have and maintain a valid North Carolina Driver’s License. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred but not required.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives van to transport food from designated pick-up locations to Head Start centers. Duties include cleaning Head Start centers and grounds.
- Pick up and deliver food as assigned to included lunches, snacks, and supplies in timely manner
- Maintains appropriate logs including fuel logs and mileage logs
- Completes visual safety check of vehicle before and after trips; responsible for maintenance and cleaning of assigned vehicles
- Complies with local traffic regulations; Immediately reports delays or accidents
- Inspect playground each morning prior to children being released to play for safety and to remove trash from the area
- Maintains heating and ventilating system by cleaning vents and replacing filters
- Conducts basic restroom cleaning a minimum of once daily, Performs thorough bathroom cleaning weekly to include toilets, baseboards, sinks and fixtures, sweeps common areas, and mop center floors, etc.
Applicant must be able to:
- Employee must have basic knowledge of an at least minimal computer skills to use Web Clock to record time and attendance and to prepare and send required reports to supervisor
- Have and maintain a good driving record with no moving violations
Applicant must have:
- CPR and First Aid Certification; Negative TB test and physical examination; Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License; Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred but not required
How to Apply:
Applications may be obtained at Action Pathways, Inc., 316 Green Street, Fayetteville, NC or download an employment application at http://actionpathways.ngo/. Applications and resumes must be received by on the application closing date listed in the announcement. Please directed all applications to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer – Action Pathways, Inc. hires only citizens and lawfully authorized aliens who are in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.”
Skills Needed (e.g. Degrees, certification, software, etc.): No
- Minimum Age: None
- Months of Experience: 24
- Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Near Public Transportation: No
- Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Operator License
- Driver’s License Certification: Class C
- Required Tests: No test required
- Brief Description of Testing: NA
Compensation and Hours:
- Minimum Salary: $0.00/hour
- Maximum Salary: $14.03/hour
- Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
- Supplemental Compensation: No
- Hours per Week: Hours are specific
- Shift: Day Shift
- Benefits: Other
- Description of Other Benefits: Administrative leave due to inclement weather
- Occupational Code: 53304100 Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs
- Industry Code: 541612 – Human Resources Consulting Services