FTCC’s Director of Athletics Dr. Shannon M. Yates has been selected as a guest speaker in the upcoming NJCAA Leader Her Ship Series.
The second annual event is a four-week virtual leadership academy aimed at empowering women and advancing the association’s female administrators and coaches through interactive and informative sessions.
Yates, who will lead a session on work-life balance, is part of a lineup of nine speakers headlined by Dr. Debbie Yow, Athletic Director Emeritus of N.C. State.
Yates, an alumna of N.C. State, worked in the Wolfpack’s Athletics administration for 20 years while Yow was the athletic director.
“It is an extreme honor to be selected as a speaker for the 2021 NJCAA Lead Her Ship series,” Yates said. “I am excited to interact with my NJCAA female colleagues and provide helpful information on work-life balance in the world of Athletics.
“I also look forward to watching Dr. Debbie Yow speak, as she is my mentor.”
The series begins Sept. 23 with sessions scheduled for every Thursday through Oct. 14.
2021 NJCAA Lead Her Ship Series Speakers:
- Dr. Debbie Yow – Athletic Director Emeritus, N.C. State University
- Sherese Parker – Director of Intercollegiate and Intramural Athletics, City College of Chicago Kennedy-King (IL)
- Sara Steinman – Director of Wellness, Athletics and Recreation, Delaware County Community College (PA)
- Kevin Thomas – Director of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, NJCAA
- Angie Beisner – Senior Director, U.S. Council for Athletes’ Health
- Alex Wong – Senior Director, U.S. Council for Athletes’ Health
- Nathan Hartman – Student-Athlete, Montgomery County Community College (PA)
- Dr. Shannon Yates – Athletic Director, Fayetteville Technical Community College (NC)
- Alicia Williams – Head Volleyball Coach, Iowa Western Community College