Are you advancing in the military or transitioning to the civilian workforce? FTCC is committed to your success! As the leader in Credit for Prior Learning (CPL), we specialize in articulating your military training to college level learning and credit. Complete these credits with self-paced online Flex Courses to finish your degree in less time and pair your degree with one of our University Partnerships. FTCC is a Military Friendly ® school with reduced academic residency requirements, credit for non-traditional learning, and 100% online degree programs!
FTCC's Military Credit
Associate in General Education (AGE)
FTCC’s most popular and most flexible degree is the Associate in General Education (AGE), which allows you to capitalize on your credits earned through military training and transfer with ease to one of FTCC’s partner institutions for an advanced degree. Select your branch of service to see how you can capitalize on this option to reduce the time you will need to complete your degree.
Please select your MOS from the list below in order to see possible credit that will be applied to this degree based on your appropriate skill level.
Army Intelligence Crosswalk
FTCC has reviewed the military training for specific intelligence military occupational specialties and articulated the credit into each of the three intelligence studies concentrations.
Select a tab to see how much credit you have already earned and which classes you will need to take or transfer in to FTCC to fulfill the degree requirements. Additional credit may be awarded for other intelligence courses and schools which you have completed after review by FTCC.
Associate in Applied Science
In addition to the Associates in General Education that is available for all military occupations and classifications, FTCC has articulated credit for military training into other associates degrees where the curriculum clearly aligns with the military occupation.
For example – Military Police, regardless of branch of service receive credit that clearly aligns with the Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice Technology. Take a look at your MOS and see what other degree options are available. The effort to articulate additional MOS/Military Occupations and degree plans is ongoing – so check back regularly to see what we have added!
- 31B Military Police – Criminal Justice Technology
- 36B Financial Management Technician – Accounting
- 38B Civil Affairs – Emergency Management
- 42A Human Resources Specialist – Human Resources
- 92A Automated Logistical Specialist – Global Logistics
- 92A Automated Logistical Specialist – Operations Management
Health and Fitness Science Degree
Health Care Management Degree
- 18D Special Forces Medical Sergeant to Associate of Applied Science in Emergency Medical Science
- 36B Healthcare Management Tech
- 42AHealthcare Management Tech
- 68D Surgical Technology Alternative Delivery to Associate Degree in Surgical Technology
- 68G Healthcare Management Tech
- 68P Radiography Program Accelerated Completion Option to Associate of Applied Science in Radiology
- 68V Advanced Placement Option for Respiratory Therapy to Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- 79S Healthcare Management Tech
Hospitality Management Degree
IT Networking Management Degree
- 25B Information Technology Specialist
- 25C Radio Operator Maintainer
- 25U Signal Support Systems Specialist
Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE)
- 25B System Security & Analysis
- 25C System Security & Analysis
- 25F System Security & Analysis
- 25L System Security & Analysis
- 25M System Security & Analysis
- 25N System Security & Analysis
- 25S System Security & Analysis
- 25U System Security & Analysis
Special Operations Radio Operators Course (SOROC)
Joint & Special Military Credit
In addition to FTCC’s Credit for Military Training and Associate in General Education pathways, we have also reviewed non MOS-producing courses and credit from selected MOS-producing schools and how this credit applies to technical degrees.
What are Flex Courses?
About Flex Courses
We understand that due to your military responsibilities, you often require an additional level of scheduling flexibility in order to earn your college degree.
Flex Courses are another way that Fayetteville Technical Community College provides flexible scheduling options.
These classes allow students the most flexibility in fitting courses around their busy schedules due to the flexibility of due dates.
Ideal for the Military
- Flexible & Affordable
- Fully Facilitated Course
- High Quality Instruction
- Online Course Material
- Low eTextbook
- Interactive Lesson Presentations
- Audio/Visual Components
- Engaging Lesson Presentations
- Interactive Exercises & Quizzes to Check Your Understanding
Please see a Military Services Specialist for registration in flex courses. If you need assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-678-1050.
Attendance Policy for Math & Science Classes
The student must:
• Complete 25% of the course by the 50% point of the term
• Complete 50% of the course by the 75% point of the term
• Have completed 50% of the course to request an Incomplete
• Actively participate in the course during each week of the term
For textbook information for all other courses/sections not listed, please visit the FTCC Online Bookstore.
Military Specific Partnerships
Your FTCC degree is just the first step in your educational journey. We have partnered with numerous universities to provide seamless pathways for earning your bachelor’s degree. Consider pairing the American Council on Education (ACE) credits you earned through your military training and experience with FTCC courses to obtain an affordable, regionally accredited degree from FTCC and one of our partnering institutions.
Planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree? Find courses that are guaranteed to transfer to your Home College through the SOC DNS Guaranteed-Transfer Courses tool.
East Carolina University
BS – Business Education in Information Technologies
BS – Industrial Distribution and Logistics
BS – Industrial Technology
BA – Multidisciplinary Studies – Eastern Emphasis
BA – Multidisciplinary Studies – Eastern Religions Emphasis
BA – University Studies (self-designed, interdisciplinary degree)
100% Online Degree Programs
- Accounting & Finance
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in General Education
- Associate in Science
- Business Administration/General Administration
- Business Administration/Human Resources Management
- Business Administration/Marketing
- Business Administration/Operations Management
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Management Technology
- Fire Protection Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Intelligence Studies
- Office Administration: Finance
- Office Administration: General
- Office Administration: Legal