Cumberland GROW Initiative
Basic Building Construction Training Program
The Cumberland GROW Initiative is helping local employers in the construction and trades industries to fill positions in need of employable, skilled and certified workers.
How Do I Qualify?
- Students must be 18yrs of age or older
- A resident of Cumberland County (proof of address needed)
- Pass initial drug screen
- State ID/Driver’s License
Program Supervisor Contact: Marvin Price Jr., 910-678-9799, email@example.com
11 Weeks Can Change Your Life!
FTCC’s Cumberland GROW Basic Building Construction Program is your pathway to a high-paying, successful career in the Construction and Trades Industry.
Meet DaQuan, 18-yr-old Cumberland GROW graduate who was hired full-time in his area of training!
Come train in FTCC’s Cumberland GROW program to begin your pathway to success! Contact Marvin Price to get started today!
The course will introduce the students to the knowledge and skills of construction trades, safety, tools, carpentry, cabinetry, drywall, building codes, estimations, energy options, and energy efficiency technology.
- NCCER Core Curriculum-80hrs
- OSHA 10 – 10hrs
- Electrical – 36hrs
- Carpentry & Cabinetry – 40hrs
- Plumbing – 34hrs
- Welding – 50hrs
- Forklift – 24hrs
- HVAC – 34hrs
- HRD – 26hrs
Total: 334 hrsEquivalent to 11 weeks of classes
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays | 8AM – 5PM
Case Management Sessions:
- Every Friday as scheduled
- Cohort -5 (10/4 thru 12/15) 2021
- Cohort-6 (1/10 thru 3/23) 2022
- Cohort-7 (4/4 thru 6/16) 2022
- Cohort-8 (7/5 thru 9/15) 2022
- Cohort-9 (10/3 thru 12/14) 2022