As an FTCC Student, what library resources are available?
… you have access to numerous campus and online library services that will help you find the resources you need to complete your assignments. Our staff is happy to assist with your research questions and will point you in the right direction.
Start Your Research!
- Academic OneFile
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Anatomy
- Agriculture Collection
- Biography in Context
- Biography & Genealogy Master Index
- Business Collection
- Business Economics & Theory Collection
- Biography In Context
- Book Review Index Online (Full Text)
- Business Insights: Global
- Communications & Mass Media Collection
- Computer Database
- CQ Researcher (Current Events)
- Criminal Justice Collection
- Culinary Arts Collection
- Diversity Studies Collection
- Educators Reference Complete
- Environmental Issues & Policy Collection
- Films on Demand (Digital Educational Video)
- Fine Arts & Music Collection
- Gardening/Landscape & Horticulture Collection
- Gender Studies Collection
- General OneFile
- Global Issues In Context
- GREENR (Global Reference On The Environment/Energy/And Natural Resources)
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Health & Wellness Resource Center Including Alt Health
- Heritage Quest Online
- Information Science & Library Issues Collection
- INFORME ACADEMICO
- InfoTrac Newsstand
- Issues & Controversies
- Literature Resource Center
- Medcom Trainex
- Military And Intelligence Database
- National Guideline Clearinghouse – Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Nursing & Allied Health Collection
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context
- Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Collection
- Pop Culture Collection
- Psychology Collection
- RDS Contemporary Women’s Issues
- RDS Tablebase
- Reference USA – Business & Residential Information
- Religion & Philosophy Collection
- Science in Context
- Small Business Collection
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Stat! Ref – Nursing
- Student Resources In Context
- Testing & Education Resource Center
- Tourism/Hospitality & Leisure Collection
- US History Collection
- US History in Context
- Vocations/Careers & Technical Education Collection
- War & Terrorism Collection
- Westlaw Next
- World History Collection
- World History in Context
- World Scholar: Latin America And The Caribbean Regional Portal Subscription
Looking for more research options?
These resources are recommended for conducting your research.
Ask a Librarian
FTCC students, faculty and staff may ask reference questions either in person, by phone or by email.
Available during office hours
Circulation desk: 910.678.8247
Reference desk: 910.678.0080
If submitting a question by email, please remember:
- Questions will be answered as quickly as possible during Monday through Friday business hours. In-person assistance takes priority.
- Include your Student ID for verification and your email address.
- This service is intended to assist with quick, factual questions or to provide guidance on a search strategy, not to do in-depth research for you.
- If you need a password for an electronic database, please indicate the database and include a list of your current semester classes. (currently enrolled students only)
If you need more immediate assistance, try Chatstaff for online help from a librarian.
Monday – Friday: Midnight – 8am & 5pm – Midnight (no coverage 8am-5pm)
Saturday: 8am – Midnight
Sunday: 8am – Midnight
No coverage on Federal Holidays