What Is The Honors College?
The mission of the Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) Honors Program is to provide rewarding educational opportunities, above and beyond the standard curriculum, for students who strive for academic excellence.
How to Enroll & What Can I Expect?
Qualifying Students Must Meet Certain Criteria:
To qualify for admission to the FTCC Honors College, students must meet the following criteria:
- First term high school students must have a 3.2 high school GPA (unweighted)
- Students must have completed all developmental courses prior to participation in the Honors College.
- Currently enrolled students must have a 3.5 GPA
- Currently enrolled students must have one recommendation from faculty to become an Honors Scholar. First term high school students must have two letters of recommendation from teachers.
- Students enrolled in AA/AS/AE/AFA/AGE/HFS either full- or part-time, are eligible
Where Do I Go for Assistance?
Honors College Advising
Honors students enjoy dedicated academic and professional advising. Honors students are expected to meet with their Honors advisor at least three times during the semester to discuss program requirements, and review academic goals/plans. Academic Advising is not designed to simply tell students what class to take, but to help students develop institutional knowledge, self-awareness, and decision-making skills necessary to make informed decisions.