Dean of Health Programs
2201 Hull Rd., Fayetteville, NC 28303
Competitive Admissions Process
With the exception of the Central Sterile Processing, Mammography, Nurse Aide, Ophthalmic Surgical Assist and Surgical First Assistant programs, all health programs require a competitive admissions process. A student must complete all pre-requisites and gain competitive points in order to apply for program approval. **Having an official copy of your Hight School transcript in FTCC Admissions is a requirement for application to all Health Programs. Students may take the designated program-related courses at FTCC in the Associate in General Education-Health program as they prepare to compete.
Health Programs Admissions GUIDE
When Are Health Program Applications Accepted?
THE FOLLOWING HEALTH PROGRAMS HAVE “RE-OPENED” THE APPLICATION WINDOW FOR A LIMITED TIME: DENTAL ASSISTING DIPLOMA, EMERGENCY MEDICAL SCIENCE DEGREE, MEDICAL LABORATORY TECH, PHARMACY TECH, RESPIRATORY THERAPY, AND SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY ASST.
**IF YOU MEET ALL PRE-REQUISITES, GO TO THIS LINK TO APPLY: HEALTH PROGRAM APPLICATION LOGIN (link back to our HEALTH PROGRAM APPLICATION LOGIN at this webpage: https://www.faytechcc.edu/academics/healthcare-programs/healthcare-program-enrollment/ ).
***The initial application window for FALL 2023 for ALL OTHER Health Programs HAS CLOSED and will not re-open until November 1, 2023 to compete for the FALL 2024 entry.
1) For all Competitive Health Programs (Allied Health and Nursing): The Student Health Program application to compete for a Fall (August) entry will be available online at this link: https://www.faytechcc.edu/academics/healthcare-programs/healthcare-program-enrollment/ between November 1 and midnight on January 30 each year.
2) All Health Programs have the option of re-opening the application window for their specific program if they do not receive sufficient applicants. A posting will be made to this webpage of those “re-opened” programs as well in early February.
3) The ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING and PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY Programs ONLY have a 2nd Entry Point for Spring Semester. The application window will be open from June 1 through July 31 to apply to compete for the January Entry.
Note to Applicants: The following programs require a “B” or higher grade in the related Science courses (Anatomy & Physiology, Physics, etc.): Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Pharmacy Tech, Physical Therapist Asst., Radiography, Speech-Language Pathology-Asst. The following programs require a “C” or higher grade in the related Science courses: Dental Assisting, EMS, Medical Sonography & Respiratory Therapy. Related Science courses must be no more than 5 years old and Health Programs do not allow more than 2 unsuccessful attempts without prior written approval by the program Department Chair.
- Complete the FTCC Application Process
- Contact the Health Programs Admissions office to receive a Student Education Plan based on a review of your academic record and meet with a program advisor.
- Click on and review the Health Applicant Session pdf below: