Competitive Admissions Process
With the exception of the Mammography and Nurse Aide programs, all health programs require a competitive admissions process. A student must complete all pre-requisites and gain competitive points in order to apply for program approval. Students may take the designated program-related courses at FTCC in the Associate in General Education-Health program as they prepare to compete.
Health Programs Admissions Handbook
For all Competitive Health Programs: November 1st through January 30th
For Associate Degree Nursing Only: June 1st through July 31st (2nd Entry Point)
Related Science courses must have been satisfactorily completed with a grade of “B” or better within five years of entry into a health program. These courses may be attempted only twice.
**APPLICATION WINDOW HAS RE-OPENED for a limited time for these programs for Fall 2019 Entry:**
- Complete the FTCC Application Process
- Attend a Health Applicant Counseling Session (this is not a mandatory information session)
- Sessions are available online or in person in the Health Technologies Center
- Bring your Student Education Plan (if you don’t have one, please stop by HTC 202 during regular business hours to obtain your SEP), paper and a pen
- Do not bring children due to space limitations
Access the online Health Applicant Counseling Session:
See schedule below for dates and room locations of in-person sessions:
|Health Application Counseling Sessions|
|2019 HACS Dates||Time||Location|
|Thursday, May 16, 2019||5:30 – 6:30 PM||HTC 231|
|Tuesday, June 11, 2019||5:30 – 6:30 PM||HTC 231|
|Thursday, June 27, 2019||5:30 – 6:30 PM||HTC 205|
|Wednesday, July 17, 2019||5:30 – 6:30 PM||HTC 231|
|Thursday, August 1, 2019||5:30 – 6:30 PM||HTC 205|
NOTE: This session is a “Review of the Competitive Application Process” and IS NOT the required Information Session that your specific program will invite you to after you apply to compete for a seat. Sessions will begin promptly at the designated times.