SACSCOC Accreditation Statement
Fayetteville Technical Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Fayetteville Technical Community College.
- Reaffirmation of accreditation occurs every 10 years, with a fifth year interim report due in-between.
- Fayetteville Technical Community College is now preparing for reaffirmation in 2021 to demonstrate compliance with the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation, and the preparation of a Quality Enhancement Plan that addresses a focused topic or issue related to enhancing student learning.
Fayetteville Technical Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Reaffirmation of accreditation occurs every 10 years, with a fifth year interim report due in-between. FTCC is now preparing for reaffirmation in 2021. The reaffirmation process consists of two main components:
- Demonstration of compliance with the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation
- Preparation of a Quality Enhancement Plan that addressed a focused topic or issue related to enhancing student learning
In addition, the process involves extensive evaluation of compliance by an off-site peer review, an on-site peer review, and the final review by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees.
This site provides information about the reaffirmation process to the FTCC community. If you have questions, please contact Carl Mitchell, Vice President for Human Resources & Institutional Effectiveness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of Reaffirmation
In January 2018, Fayetteville Technical Community College established a committee structure to oversee the college’s preparations for reaffirmation of accreditation.
Reaffirmation Leadership Team
The Reaffirmation Leadership Team (RLT) oversees the 2021 reaffirmation process by providing leadership and resources to the committees preparing the reaffirmation documents and by ensuring the college is in compliance with SACSCOC standards. The Leadership Team will give final approval of two key documents to SACSCOC:
- the Compliance Certification
- the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
What is accreditation?
Accreditation is intended to assure constituents and the public of the quality and integrity of higher education institutions and programs, and to help those institutions and programs improve. These outcomes are achieved through rigorous internal and external review processes during which the institution is evaluated against a common set of standards.
When accreditation is awarded to an institution of higher education by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), a regional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, it means that the institution has
- A mission appropriate to higher education
- Resources, programs and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain its mission
- Clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers
- Successful in assessing its achievement of these objectives and demonstrating improvements.
Accreditation by SACSCOC is a statement of the institution’s continuing commitment to integrity and its capacity to provide effective programs and services based on agreed-upon accreditation standards.
For general questions about accreditation and reaffirmation, please contact the Vice President for Human Resources & Institutional Effectiveness, Carl Mitchell, at email@example.com.
Mr. Mitchell serves as the accreditation liaison for the college and is responsible for assuring that compliance with accreditation requirements is incorporated into planning and evaluation processes of the institution, notifying SACSCOC in advance of substantive changes, serving as the contact person for SACSCOC, and maintaining all records related to the institution’s accreditation.