Welcome to FTCC!
If you are planning to attend our college and use VA Educational Benefits you must ensure you return all required documents. Please follow all steps before you request certification.
1. Submit FTCC Admissions Application
2. Supply FTCC with all transcripts (high school, military, and college transcripts).
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for students interested in using financial
aid or scholarships.
4. Take Accuplacer Assessment (unless exempt); Schedule assessment at 910-678-8417
5. Register for classes using Web Advisor or your assigned advisor in your program
6. Once you have registered for the upcoming term please email your veteran advisor to notify them of your enrollment. You MUST notify your veteran advisor of any changes in your schedule. You MUST keep them aware of any changes that are made to your schedule otherwise you may be under/over paid. Immediately upon enrolling in classes/changing your schedule simply send an email to your veteran advisor and let them know. In the email please include your student number. Once they receive your email they will certify your classes and send you back an email conformation. Retain that email for your records.
Who is your veteran advisor?
Students with last names beginning with A - G contact Sam McFadden email@example.com
Students with last names beginning with H - P contact James Kost firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with last names beginning with Q - Z contact Charlene Pierce-Jordon email@example.com
**ALL VOC Rehab students will contact Charlene regardless of last name**
After completing the steps above, you can either bring these completed documents to the office, or email your veteran advisor:
• Certificate of Eligibility or print off application from VONAPP;
Form 22-1990 (new students)
Form 22-1995 (returning students)
• Birth Certificate (Chapter 35 only)
Once you have completed ALL forms (no partial paperwork will be accepted), please submit to the VSO in the General Classroom Building (GCB) Room 202-A, you may also fax to 910-678-0085 or email as PDF attachment to VSO@faytechcc.edu.
Unless Advance payment is requested and received, you will be required to pay all tuition, fees and books out of pocket. The Chapter 33/ Post 9-11 GI Bill pays tuition and fees directly to the school. If you qualify, a monthly housing allowance and annual book stipend are paid to the student.
Confirm your residency status during the admissions process. VA only pays in-state rates, if you are an out of state student you will have to pay the difference before you can be certified.
Contact 1-877-823-2378 or GI Bill website for direct deposit information.
All American Veteran Center General Classroom Building (GCB), RM 202-A
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 P.M. (Fall & Spring)
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M. /Friday, 7:30 A.M.-1:00 P.M. (Summer)
Telephone: (910) 678-8395 Fax: (910) 678-0085 Email: VSO@faytechcc.edu