Welcome to FTCC!
If you are planning to attend our college and use VA Educational Benefits you must ensure you return all required documents. Please follow all steps before you stop in to see us or request certification.
1. Submit FTCC Admissions Application
2. Supply FTCC with all transcripts (high school, military, and college transcripts).
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for students interested in using financial
aid or scholarships.
4. Take Accuplacer Assessment (unless exempt); Schedule assessment at 910-678-8417
5. Register for classes using Web Advisor or your assigned advisor in your program. If you need help please visit the help counter at the Tony Rand Student Center.
6. Once you have registered for the upcoming term please click this link to certify your enrollment. You MUST complete the Certification Request Form any time you make changes to your schedule. You MUST keep us aware of any changes that are made to your schedule otherwise you may be not be paid. Once we receive your certification we will certify your classes. Once processed you will receive an automated email sent to your student email account. This is not from FTCC, but the VA. Retain that email for your records.
Please visit the All American Veteran Center to drop off your DD-214 (if you have one), VA Certificate of Eligibility, or Transfer of Entitlement form (Post 9/11 TOE). Before we can push your certification to the VA we need those documents.
If you need any help please see one of the staff below. Who is your veteran advisor?
Students with last names beginning with A - G contact Sam McFadden firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with last names beginning with H - P contact James Kost email@example.com
Students with last names beginning with Q - Z contact Charlene Pierce-Jordon firstname.lastname@example.org
**ALL VOC Rehab students will contact Charlene regardless of last name**
After completing the steps above, you can either bring these completed documents to the office, or email your veteran advisor:
• Certificate of Eligibility or print off application from VONAPP;
Form 22-1990 (new students)
Form 22-1995 (returning students)
• Birth Certificate (Chapter 35 only)
Once you have completed ALL forms (no partial paperwork will be accepted), please submit to the VSO in the General Classroom Building (GCB) Room 202-A, you may also fax to 910-678-0085 or email as PDF attachment to VSO@faytechcc.edu.
Unless Advance payment is requested and received, you will be required to pay all tuition, fees and books out of pocket. The Chapter 33/ Post 9-11 GI Bill pays tuition and fees directly to the school. If you qualify, a monthly housing allowance and annual book stipend are paid to the student.
Confirm your residency status during the admissions process. VA only pays in-state rates, if you are an out of state student you will have to pay the difference before you can be certified.
Contact 1-877-823-2378 or GI Bill website for direct deposit information.
All American Veteran Center General Classroom Building (GCB), RM 202-A
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 P.M. (Fall & Spring)
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M. /Friday, 7:30 A.M.-1:00 P.M. (Summer)
Telephone: (910) 678-8395 Fax: (910) 678-0085 Email: VSO@faytechcc.edu