NC State Residency

If you are listed as an out-of-state student and are a Veteran who has separated from the military within the last 3 years, active duty stationed at a North Carolina military installation, or a military dependent whose sponsor is stationed at a NC military installation please contact admissions at or call us at 910-678-8473.

If you do not fall under any of the above mentioned conditions, and feel that you were listed incorrectly as an out-of-state student, you may follow the steps below to appeal.

Fill Out a Residency Appeal Application

If you claim North Carolina residence for tuition purposes, you must file a Residency Appeal ApplicationĀ prior to the beginning of the term for which you claim such residence.


Residency Appeal Application