Management Information Services > Service and Desktop Support > Help Desk Support > GroupWise E-mail > Novell-GroupWise Password Changes
- Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys at the same time and a 'Novell Security' pop-up box will display.
- Click the 'Change Password' button located in the lower left corner and a new box appears.
- Be sure to select the FTCC_TREE in the white box on the left.
- Key in your old password, new password and confirm new password.
- Click OK.
Then always use this new password when you login from now on.
GROUPWISE PASSWORD CHANGE
After logging into GroupWise perform the following from the Main Window:
- Click Tools > Options.
- Double-click Security, then click the Password tab.
- In the Old Password text box, type in your old password.
- In the New Password text box, type the password of your choice.
- In the Confirm New Password text box, type the new password again. Click OK.
- Click Close on the Options box.
- Login names are not case sensitive.
- Passwords are case sensitive (ie. Nikki593 is not the same as NIKKI593 or nikki593).
- For security reasons passwords should not be shared and kept in a safe place not accessible by anyone other than the user. Do not store passwords on the monitor, under the keyboard, mouse pad, etc.
- Passwords should be strong, consisting of lowercase, uppercase, numbers and characters.