For over 5 years, FTCC has partnered with all services to maximize the unique blend of tactical and technical expertise, language proficiency, and cultural abilities of SOF service members and convert that experience into college credits. With FTCC’s Credit for Military Training, you can earn up to 48 college credits toward an Associate in General Education.

FTCC’s most popular and most flexible degree is the Associate in General Education (AGE), which allows you to capitalize on your credits earned through military training and transfer with ease to one of FTCC’s partner institutions for an advanced degree.

Degree Requirements

The Associate in General Education degree consists of 64 total semester hours (SH). You can apply up to 48 hours of transfer credit from other colleges and from your Credit for Military Training. A minimum of 16 semester hours must be taken at FTCC, either online or face-to-face.

– COM 231 Public Speaking or COM 120 Interpersonal Communications – 3 SH
– ENG 111 Writing & Inquiry – 3 SH
– ENG 112 Writing/Research in the Disc – 3 SH
– CIS 110 Intro to Computers – 3 SH
– MAT 143 Quantitative Literacy (or a higher math) – 3 SH
– ACA 122 College Transfer Success – 1 SH
– HUM Humanities/Fine Arts Elective – 3 SH
– Social/Behavioral Science Elective – 3 SH
– Open Elective Requirements – 42 SH

Course Descriptions

In addition to the Associate in General Education, FTCC offers a variety of certificates that military service members can earn to give them an edge when transitioning to civilian employment.

These certificates can be completed independently, or in addition to an associate degree. Depending on your military occupation, you may have already earned some of the credits needed based on your military experience.

View Programs

FTCC has proudly provided affordable and convenient educational pathways for our nation’s military for over four decades. We are committed to supporting our military students in their pursuit of education.

Administrative fees are waived for all military students using Tuition Assistance to pay for their education.

Tuition Assistance by Branch

Air Force – Form: AF 1227 | Help Line: 877-596-5771, Option 7
Army TA – Form: DA 2171 | Help Line: 800-817-9990
Coast Guard – Form: CGI 1560 | Help Line: 405-954-1360
Marine Corps – Form: NAVMC 10883
Navy – Form: NAVEDTRA 1560/5 | Help Line: 800-817-1659

National Guard

Air Force Portal – Form: AF 1227 | Help Line: 877-596-5771
GoArmyEd or Army State Portal – Form: DA 2171 | Help Line: 877-838-1659

Note: Reserves should select the appropriate branch portal above.

Learn More
Army Ranger Regiment Credit Toward an Associate in General Education

– 11B Ranger (Ranger Regiment)

Marine Corps Special Operations Credit Toward an Associate in General Education

– 0372 Critical Skills Operator

(CENSEAL SWCC) Credit Toward Associate in General Education

– SB2 Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman
– SB3 Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman
– SO2 U.S. Navy SEAL
– SO3 U.S. Navy SEAL

Select your military occupation below to see a breakdown of how many courses and credits you have already earned toward an Associate in General Education through your military experience. The degree maps also list the courses needed to complete your degree.

Take advantage of this fully transferable degree and reduce the time it takes to earn your bachelor’s degree.

University Partnerships

In addition to the military occupation degree maps, you can use the Credit Search Tool to see a customized list of courses and credits already earned at FTCC through your military training and experience. Simply select your branch, occupations held, pay grade, and any additional military schools attended.

If you have had various occupations throughout your service, you can select as many occupations as needed. You can also choose to search for your occupation, or select from the list in the drop-down menu.

Based on your selections, the search tool will generate a printable list of all the courses for which you could receive college credit if you attend FTCC. Remember that these credits are in addition to any college credit you have earned at other colleges and universities.