HOURS OF OPERATION
Technical Support Available
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Assigning a Custom Operator
In your greeting, you can offer your callers the option of leaving a message or speaking to one of your assistants or colleagues. Tell callers to press zero if they wish to speak to this person in your absence.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 0 for mailbox options, then 1 to review the current custom operator number.
- Enter a new custom operator number.
You can temporarily prevent your callers from leaving messages in your mailbox. As a courtesy to your callers, you should record a temporary greeting that provides details of your absence and tells callers what to do.
- While logged into you mailbox, press 8 0 for Mailbox Options, then 7 for Block Messages.
- Turn message blocking on or off:
- To turn it on all the time, press 1
- To turn it off, press 2
- To block messages only when a temporary greeting is in effect, press 3
3. Decide how to handle callers:
- To allow callers to speak to the custom operator you assigned, press 1
- To have callers disconnected after your greeting, press 2
- While logged into your mailbox, press 8 2.
- Press 1 for External greeting, 2 for Internal greeting, 3 for Temporary Greeting (Vacation or Out of Office), or 9 for Personal Verification.
- Press 5 to record. Wait for the tone, then record your greeting or name.
- Press # to end your recording.
- To review your greeting, press 2
- To delete a greeting, press 7 6
5. Press 4 to return to your messages.
When you record a temporary greeting, tell your callers the times and dates of your absence and when you will retrieve your messages. You can set the month, day and time for the greeting to expire. If you don't set an expiration date, the temporary greeting will stay in effect until YOU delete it.
Identify your phone and click on the picture for manual.
Avaya 1220 IP Deskphone
Avaya 1230 IP Deskphone
Nortel IP Phone 2004
Nortel Meridian Digital M3902 - 4