HSC Logo  How to Enroll - Home School Students



1.  Complete FTCC Online Admissions Application

New students must apply for admissions as a Special Credit student. For an FTCC online application click here.  Home school students should select "Freshman" as their entrance status and leave the NC Student Number number blank. Students should also select the proper term in which they wish to enroll (i.e. Fall 2014) and select "Special Credit" as their intended program of study. It is also vital that students enter their correct Social Security Number when asked. At this time, we are NOT utilizing the Career & College Promise option on the application.

Students must print the confirmation page when they complete the admissions application and bring it to their registration.

2.  Select a Pathway/Courses

There are two pathways: College Transfer Pathways and Career and Technical Education Pathways. Please review the listing of pathway programs, as well as eligibility requirements for your selected program.

3.  Complete High School Connections Enrollment Packet

Home school students can obtain a copy of the enrollment form during their registration appointment with our office.

This form must be signed by high school administrator, parent, and student.

Please bring a copy of your transcript and relevant test scores. New students and students who missed a major semester (Fall or Spring) should also submit a copy of the online application confirmation page. Continuing students will not have to re-apply.

4.  Register for Pathway/Courses

Home school students should view the "Welcome and General Information" page to see the walk-in times for registration, or call our office at 678-8542/8583 to make an appointment. Please be certain to bring your transcript and test scores with you.

5.  Purchase Books and Pay Fees

Home school students can purchase their books by visiting the FTCC bookstore, online or in person. Students will also owe a total of $30 in fees to cover their student activity fee and technology fee. This fee can be paid online via WebAdvisor or in person at the cashier's office in the Thomas R. McLean Administrative Building on campus.