HEALTH PROGRAM ADMISSION INFORMATION
ADMISSION INTO MOST HEALTH PROGRAMS HAS TWO PHASES. FIRST, STUDENTS MUST MEET GENERAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS (PHASE I).
SECOND, STUDENTS MUST BE SELECTED THROUGH THE COMPETITIVE PROCESS TO BE ADMITTED INTO THE DESIRED PROGRAM (PHASE II).
**NOTE: Phase II applies to all health programs except: Health and Fitness Science, Mammography and Nurse Aide. These are not competitive entry programs.
FTCC APPLICATION (opens in a new window)
Students are required to apply to FTCC and complete all steps of that process.
**Students interested in applying to one of the health programs that has a competitive admissions process, are encouraged to attend one of the scheduled Health Applicant Counseling Sessions (HACS) listed below before applying to the program. *Sessions will provide information about the competitive admission process for FTCC's health programs.**
2014-2015 Health Applicant Counseling Sessions (HACS) Schedule
Health Applicant Counseling Sessions will start in Fall 2015 for preparation to enter Fall 2016
All sessions will be held in the Health Technologies Center (HTC) Room 111. Please show respect for your peers by not bringing children and by arriving on time. Bring your Student Educational Plan. Bring paper and pen.
Health Applicant Counseling Presentation - pending update/revision
- When the Student Health Program Application period officially opens, apply to the health program of choice by logging into WebAdvisor, going to the “Registration” section and clicking on “Student Health Program Application”. Note: To compete as a Category I applicant, you must apply by January 30, 2015.
- Check to assure that all of the personal information on the application page (name, student ID number, current phone contact number) is correct. If any information is not correct, contact Student Services.
- Continue by selecting the desired health program from the drop down menu and click “Submit” to send the application. You may apply for only one health program.
- A receipt will be generated. *Important: Please print, read and keep this receipt for your records.
- You will receive a further communication via your student email. Watch for your Health Applicant Rating Form (HARF) in mid-late March.
- For eligible health program candidates, attending the Health Program Information Session is mandatory. At some point after the health application period closes, Department Chairs/ Program Coordinators will send notifications informing all applicants of the time and place that “Information Sessions” will be held. By attending the mandatory Information Session you may receive up to 15 competitive points. These points will be added to the competitive points calculated from related courses. Each program’s departmental website identifies how the program’s points are calculated.
- Category I applicants will be placed on a list from most points to least points, followed by Category II applicants in the same way. The program will accept the number of students allowed for that program based on competitive points.
- Each Health Program applicant will be notified by FTCC student email of their selection (Selected, Alternate, Not Selected) in May.
If a program does not fill to capacity, the admission process for that program may be re-opened. Watch the FTCC website for notification of re-opened programs.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (910) 678-8252.