Military Spouse Programs
Who is eligible?
- Spouses E-1 to E-5, W-1, W-2, O-1 and O-2 (Including spouses of members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades).
Steps for Applying:
1. Establish a MyCAA Account:
- Visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa.
2. Complete Admissions Process:
- Submit FTCC Admissions Application
- Supply FTCC with all transcripts (high school and college)
- Take Accuplacer Assessment (unless exempt)
- Speak with a counselor to be placed into an approved program
- Associates in Arts, Fine Arts, Fine Arts/Drama, General Education and Science will NOT be covered by MyCAA. If you are approved for these degree plans, it must have a concentration listed on the student education plan (nursing, PTA, NA, etc).
3. Contact Rick Smith at 910-678-1058 or email@example.com request an education plan.
This will be the document that will be uploaded into the MyCAA portal. The following information will need to be included in the email:
Full Name, Date of Birth, Student ID Number or Last 4 of SSN, Program of Study, Spouses ETS Date, and Developmental Classes Needed.
- MyCAA will take 24-48 hours to approve the uploaded degree plan. If approved, move to step 4, if not, you will need to speak with a counselor to change to an appropriate degree plan.
4. Register for Courses
- Visit your advisor to register or use FTCC’s WebAdvisor to register for classes.
- MyCAA will only cover classes listed.
5. Upload class schedule on MyCAA Spouse Portal
- You will have to wait 24-48 hours for MyCAA to approve your class schedule. You will receive an email from MyCAA in the form of an invoice to let you know what classes they have approved and how much they will pay for each class.
- If there are classes that are not approved, you can opt to pay for them out of pocket or you can drop the course.
6. Print out the invoice received from MyCAA and turn it into the FTCC Business Office located in the Thomas R. McLean Administrative Building.
At this time you will need to submit the $45 fee payment. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact Quanda Woodard at 910-678-1006 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.