FTCC has proudly provided affordable and convenient educational pathways for our nation’s military for over four decades. We are committed to supporting our military students in their pursuit of education through:
- A Tuition Grant to cover any tuition costs over $250/credit hour (TA Limit)
- Waived Administrative Fees for all military students using tuition assistance
- Low or No Cost Textbooks to limit any out-of-pocket costs
- Credit for Prior Learning based on your military training and experience will reduce the number of courses needed to complete your degree
Tuition Assistance by Branch
- Air Force
Form: AF 1227 | Help Line: 877-596-5771, Option 7
Form: DA 2171 | Help Line: 800-817-9990
- Coast Guard
Form: CGI 1560 | Help Line: 405-954-1360
- Marine Corps
Form: NAVMC 10883
- National Guard
Form: Army DA 2171
Air Force – Help Line: 877-596-5771
GoArmyEd or Army State Portal – Help Line: 877-838-1659
Form: NAVEDTRA 1560/5 | Help Line: 800-817-1659
Select Your Branch Portal
How to Use Tuition Assistance
We recommend giving yourself at least 30 days prior to your desired course start date to complete the process of requesting tuition assistance.
- Visit your local education center and speak to an Education Services Officer for a
briefing on TA.
- Log into the education portal for your branch and follow the steps to enroll and request
TA, designating FTCC as your college of choice.
- Submit all transcripts and Required Documents to FTCC for admission and to evaluate any potential transfer credit.
Fayetteville Technical Community College
Attn: Director of Military Programs
2201 Hull Road
Fayetteville, NC 28303
- If required, schedule your NC DAP test.
- Use your degree plan to plan your courses. After we receive your application, you
will receive an email with your Student ID number, a default password, and instructions
for logging into WebAdvisor and Blackboard.
- Register for courses through your branch education portal. If the courses are not yet available through your portal, you may register on WebAdvisor to reserve a seat, but you must remember to also register through your portal to secure tuition assistance.
Note: Review the cost information carefully for what is covered by tuition assistance and if there is a remaining student balance.
Military Tuition Assistance (TA) Requirements
- TA cannot be used for a previously taken course.
- If a Servicemember already earned an associate degree, TA cannot be used for a course at the associate degree level unless it is job-related.
- Servicemembers may take up to 16 semester hours (SH) per fiscal year with a tuition cap of $250/SH each year.
- Family members may not use TA, but may be eligible for other benefits.
- Transfer Post-9/11 GI Bill to Spouse and Dependents
- MyCAA Scholarship for Spouses
- Family members of a deceased active duty Servicemember or retired veteran may be eligible for dependent benefits. See the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for more information.