Fort Bragg Classes
- FTCC offers two 8-week accelerated class sessions during fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Classes are offered in traditional, blended, and online sections.
- Fort Bragg classes are conducted at the Bragg Training and Evaluation Center (BTEC), Soldier Development Center (SDC), and Bank Hall at the Special Warfare Center.
- Schedules are printed for each 8-week session eight weeks before the first day of class.
- Passing CLEP and DANTES scores in English, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Humanities, and Mathematics can equal credit for classes offered in these areas at FTCC.
- For a full listing of exams that are accepted by FTCC, visit the Student Services office at any FTCC location.
- For more information: DANTES Examination Programs
Evaluation of Military TrainingSee Credit for Military Learning
- FTCC offers traditional, blended, and online unit classes.
- Classes are held in unit areas, BTEC, or locations on Fort Bragg.
- Units can participate in lunchtime classes offered at BTEC.
- Contact Phillip Raines, recruiter for Military Programs at (910) 678-1051 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about these courses.
SOC Degree Network System (DNS)
FTCC is a Military-Friendly® school and member of the enhanced Department of Defense (DOD) Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The Principles and Criteria and the Military Student Bill of Rights are integral components of the Services' Voluntary Education programs.
What does that mean for you?
- Reduced Academic Residency
You only have to complete 25% of degree requirements with FTCC.
- Credit for Non-Traditional Learning
FTCC awards credit (up for 48 semester hours) for military education and training based on American Council
on Education (ACE) recommendations, faculty review, and standardized tests, such as CLEP and DSST, where
it is appropriate to your degree plan.
- Student Agreement
FTCC agrees to issue an official SOC Student Agreement (evaluation of completed and remaining degree requirements)
by the time you complete six semester hours of credit. This serves as a “contract for degree” between you and FTCC. It
remains in effect for up to 5 years, even if you leave the military.
- Guaranteed Course Transfer
SOC DNS Core member institutions guarantee transfer of courses in SOC DNS Course Categories, so that
courses may be transferred back to the home college without prior approval. Courses mapped to SOC DNS
Course Categories appear in the Guaranteed-Transfer Courses section of the website.
The following FTCC degree programs are offered under the SOC Degree Network System:
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in General Education
- Associate in Science
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Business Administration
- Business Administration/Marketing & Retailing
- Business Administration/Operations Management
- Computer Programming
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Culinary Arts
- The FTCC Testing Office administers ACCUPLACER assessments and provides links to schedules and practice tests.
- FTCC Testing Office