Required Documentation for Military Schools and Experience

Military Students

In order for you to get full credit for the hours you have previously earned, it is essential that you have official transcripts sent to FTCC from all of the institutions you have attended. Also be sure to submit all of the required military transcripts and supporting documentation as required to the following address:

Fayetteville Technical Community College
Attn: Director of Military Programs
2201 Hull Road
Fayetteville, NC 28303

Phone:  910-678-1050
Fax:  910-436-8650

Military Transcripts

Military transcripts are required for documenting the transfer credit evaluation process. The military transcript is the sole source document needed for any military school listed on the document. In some cases supporting documentation in addition to the military transcript is required to ensure credits are able to be transferred.

Other Options

In some cases (e.g. you took the course many years ago), you may not have a military transcript. This list of resources should help you find documentation of your past coursework or military experience in order to transfer credits to FTCC.

  • Veterans may submit Department of Defense (DD) Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty only when military transcripts are unavailable. Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) and copies of non-commissioned officer enlisted evaluations should be submitted as well to support the DD Form 214.
  • Veterans of the Army may need to provide DA Form 2-1 (Army Enlisted). Enlisted evaluation reports should be submitted as well.
  • Veterans of the Navy may need to provide NAVPERS 1070/604 (Navy Enlisted) or NAVPERS 601-4 (Navy Warrant and Limited Duty Officers).
  • Active-duty personnel, especially those who have enlisted training and experience while enlisted with other Services, can receive credit by supplementing their military transcript with Department of Defense (DD) Form 295 Application for the Evaluation of Learning Experience During Military Service. Supporting documentation may be required. You will need to go to your local Education Center or Navy College Office for help on this form.
  • Veterans may request their military personnel records from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.

Where to find your Military Transcript and Supporting Documents

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy - Active Duty, Reserve, and Veterans

Army Personnel

  • Officers and Warrant Officers with no prior military service or other service members taking Army courses should go to the Army Education Center for a DD Form 295.
  • The Army Service School Academic Report (DA Form 1059) used to document training courses for officers and warrant officers is an acceptable form of documentation if mailed from Army school or certified by Army Education personnel.

Air Force Personnel

Coast Guard Personnel

Department of Defense Schools

Many Department of Defense schools, such as Defense Language Institute, issue their own transcripts. If you attended any of these specialized schools, an official transcript must be requested in addition to your other military records.