Scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will be accepted from January 2,2018 to April 15, 2018.
A variety of scholarships are available based on financial need, major, and academic performance. They are possible thanks to the generosity of businesses, organizations, and individuals. Categories include General, Memorial, Military, Business, Engineering, Public Service & Applied Technology, and Health.
Benefits of Scholarships
- Unlike loans, scholarships do not need to be repaid.
- Students can save federal financial aid for a bachelor’s degree and beyond.
- Scholarships look great on applications and may increase a student’s chances for admission into select four-year colleges and universities.
View the Video to Learn More About Applying for a Scholarship at FTCC
Steps to Apply
- Go to faytechcc.academicworks.com.
- Log in with your student-assigned user name and password.
- Complete the General Application.
- Select applicable scholarships and start applying.
Things to Remember:
– Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FTCC’s school code is 007640.
– Make sure you have at least a 2.0 GPA.
– Check to ensure you are enrolled for at least 12 credit hours, or that you meet the requirements stated under the specific scholarship criteria.
In addition to our foundation scholarships, students may be interested in these opportunities as well.
Scholarship donors are generous and caring people who unselfishly give to support the educational endeavors of students like you. Receiving a well-written thank you letter from the student is always special and lets the donor know that his or her scholarship was greatly appreciated.
To assist you in completing a thank you letter to the donor of your scholarship, we have provided templates for your use. Please review the template, insert your personal information where required in the shaded boxes, and make sure that the letter is free of both grammatical and spelling errors.
Note: Use the PDF Example to create your letter if you do not have MS Word.