Find out more about the grants, scholarships, loans and payment plans that make attending FTCC attainable for everyone.
Welcome to the FTCC Financial Aid Office! Your financial aid journey starts by completing the online FAFSA application. Explore the information and videos to learn more about the financial aid opportunities available. Contact our office with any questions or concerns.
FTCC Financial Aid Office
Tony Rand Student Center, Room 2
Monday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday – 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday – 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday – 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Types of Aid
- Grants – typically need-based and do not have to be repaid (unless you withdraw from school and owe a refund)
- Scholarships – may be need-based, program-based, or merit-based and generally do not have to be repaid
- Loans – money borrowed to pay for college that must be repaid with interest
- Work Study – part-time job opportunities on campus
- Workforce Investment Act – targets the needs of unemployed and low income American Indians in North Carolina
Tuition payment plans break down your tuition balance into affordable monthly payments. There is no interest, payment options are flexible, setup fees are affordable, and it is easy to enroll!
Important Dates & Deadlines
|Priority Processing Deadline||June 1st||October 15th||April 1st|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||September 15th||February 10th|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||September 27th||February 24th||June 16th|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||October 13th||March 16th||July 13th|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||November 10th||April 13th||July 27th|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||November 20th||April 27th||August 10th|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||December 8th||May 12th||September 8th|
|Financial Aid Disbursement||January 30th|
For Financial Aid Disbursements, please allow 2-3 business days from the date of disbursement for funds to be available at your banking institution.
– If you do not receive an email on the afternoon of a disbursement date, you are not eligible for a refund on that date.
– Disbursement dates will vary by student based on award and enrollment status.
– Students will not be eligible to receive a refund on every scheduled disbursement date.
|If You Plan to Attend College From||You Will Submit this FAFSA||You Can Submit FAFSA From||Using Income and Tax Information From|
|July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016||2015-16||January 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016||2014|
|July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017||2016-17||January 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017||2015|
|July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018||2017-18||October 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018||2015|
|July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019||2018-19||October 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019||2016|
Steps to Receive Financial Aid
The FSA ID is used to log in to Federal Student Aid’s online systems, to fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), and to sign legal documents electronically. It replaces the Federal Student Aid PIN.
FTCC’s School Code is 007640. Use the Help and Hints section on the FAFSA site for guidance in completing the application.
Use this form to request to have your Official Transcripts sent to FTCC. If you have a GED, provide the Admissions Office with your official GED test results. Veterans are encouraged to have official transcript(s) from military schools sent to FTCC, if applicable.
Your award notification and all official correspondence from the Financial Aid office will be directed to these sites.
If applying for loans, log in to StudentLoans.gov and complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
Once your high school transcript has been turned in, check your WebAdvisor account to confirm your program of study.
Review our informative Financial Aid Videos for answers to all of your financial aid questions.
You have the responsibility to:
- complete and submit applications and promissory notes on time to the appropriate location;
- return all additional documentation, verification, corrections and/or new information requested by the Financial Aid Office;
- provide accurate information; (In most instances, misrepresenting information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law and may be considered a criminal offense that could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal Codes.)
- read and keep copies of all signed forms.
Certain grants, scholarships and loans are need based. The Department of Education will determine your need based on information that you put on your FAFSA. This amount is called your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC). FTCC will use this formula to determine need.
Those individuals who elect to participate in the William D. Ford Subsidized and Unsubsidized loan program should be aware that loans awarded are disbursed each semester in three installments. The amount due each student is affected by the number of credit hours taken plus the start date of the courses taken.
Many of FTCC’s degrees and programs are eligible for federal financial aid. See a current list of all eligible programs. Learn More»
Financial Aid & Scholarship Handbook
The Financial Aid & Scholarship Handbook provides a complete guide to Financial Aid at FTCC including policies and the types of aid available. Learn More»
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) regularly evaluates student achievement/success using an annual assessment of Basic Skills Student Progress, GED Diploma Passing Rate, Developmental Student Success Rate in College-Level English Courses, Developmental Student Success Rate in College-Level Math Courses, First Year Progression, Curriculum Student Completion, Licensure and Certification Passing Rates, and College Transfer Performance. Learn More»