Customized Training & Economic Development
Purpose and Goals
- Supports the economic development efforts of the State of North Carolina
- Responds promptly to the training needs of new or existing businesses/industries
- Supports costs associated with assessment, training development, and delivery
- Provides support of full-time production and direct customer service positions
- Designed to respect the confidential nature of proprietary processes and information
Eligible Businesses and Industries
– Manufacturing; Technology Intensive (i.e., Information Technology, Life Sciences)
– Regional or National Warehousing and Distribution Centers
– Customer Support Centers (Incoming Call); Air Courier Services
– National Headquarters (with operations outside North Carolina
– Civil Service Employees (supporting U.S. Military installations in North Carolina)
Requirements for Assistance
A business must demonstrate 2 or more of the following:
– The business is making an appreciable capital investment.
– The business is deploying new technology.
– The business is creating new jobs or expanding an existing workforce.
– The business is enhancing its productivity and profitability within the state.
– The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance.