Law Enforcement Training
Career & Community Enrichment
The FTCC Law Enforcement Training department is committed to offering timely, relevant, and professional training commensurate with established mandates of the Sheriff’s Commission, the North Carolina Training and Standards Commission, and/or the Private Protective Services Board.
The majority of the course offerings are restricted to law enforcement or emergency services personnel. Some security course offerings are open to the general public, with the state prescribed registration fee required.
Courses are conducted by our staff and a carefully selected group of experienced police and security officer trainers.
If you have an interest in becoming a police officer, check out the Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) program.
This course is designed to teach the laws governing the use of deadly physical force, the concealed carry statute and relevant issues related to carrying a concealed handgun in the state of North Carolina.
This course further teaches the attendees correct weapon handling skills, the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship and how to safely draw the pistol from the holster. With a passing score of this course, the attendee can apply for their North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit.
The course includes 8 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
Course Fee: $80 (includes tuition and book)
– Loading, unloading, storing or securing, and firing the handgun safely
– Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
– Major parts of the revolver or semiautomatic pistol
– Provisions under NC Common Law covering the use of deadly physical force
– Places that handguns may not be carried even if the individual has a Concealed Carry – Handgun permit
– Presentation techniques (drawing your handgun)
– Cleaning and maintenance
– Proficiency test (must hit target 28 out of 40 shots fired to meet the NC State requirement)
100 rounds of pistol ammunition
– Identification (Driver’s license/ID card)
– Pen or pencil
– Pistol with 2 magazines
– Holster (no cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed due to safety concerns) Please bring a belt for your holster.
– Magazine pouch
– Rain or inclement weather gear
– Eye and ear protection (clear or shaded lens are recommended) •
– Water / Snacks (we’ll take an hour lunch break around noon)
– Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended
Most items on the gear list can be rented or purchased at The Range Complex Proshop.
We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty.
745 a.m. – Students should be present
8:00 a.m. – Instruction begins
The Range Complex, 2850 TigerSwan Drive, Autryville, NC 28318