FAYETTEVILLE TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HIGH SCHOOL CONNECTIONS
HIGH SCHOOL CONNECTIONS ACADEMY
4. HIGH SCHOOL CONNECTIONS ACADEMY - The High School Connections Academy is a partnership between Cumberland County Schools and Fayetteville Technical Community College to provide expanded opportunities for more students to participate in career and technical courses and to expose students to a variety of high skill career options.
- The High School Connections Academy allows high school juniors and seniors to take Huskins certificate programs on FTCC's main campus.
- Transportation may be provided by CCS to FTCC from each of the ten comprehensive high schools.
- CCS students will take four to six courses, which will lead to a community college certificate.
- Some certificates will be one-year programs, and some will be two-year programs.
- High School Connections Academy students will take classes at FTCC, Monday through Friday, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Successful completion of one of the certificate options will entitle the students to participate in the FTCC spring graduation. Students will also receive an honors cord that may be worn at their high school graduation.
- High School Connections Academy students will be responsible for textbook and supply costs. (See Online Bookstore for textbook information)
- The High School Connections Academy offers nine tracks for the 2011-2012 school year.
Each student must meet all pre-requisites with SAT, ACT, or Accuplacer placement scores.