Student Learning Center
The Student Learning Center offers one-on-one academic tutoring, computer access, and study assistance at no cost to students during normal day and evening class hours.
Stop by for writing, math, or computer assistance at any time. For tutoring in a specific subject, please refer to the schedules posted in the Student Learning Center.
In addition, there are three extended labs that offer assistance:
- Math Lab
- Science Lab
- Writing and Communications Lab
As soon as you experience academic difficulty or problems, visit the Student Learning Center. The staff will provide timely support and academic instruction, which will help improve your chances of success.
Distance Learners and face-to-face students who are enrolled in FTCC’s academic courses are able to use NetTutor Online Tutoring Service. The service is FREE and available 24/7. Access to NetTutor is available through student Blackboard accounts.
Further assistance is available by contacting the Student Learning Center.
- What is the Student Learning Center?
The Student Learning Center at FTCC is designed to provide FREE supplemental instruction to students enrolled in Curriculum (credit) and Pre-curriculum (non-credit) courses.
The Student Learning Center instructors provide individualized and small-group instruction to students in a wide range of subjects.
- Who may use the Student Learning Center?
The Student Learning Center is FREE and available for students who are enrolled in academic courses at FTCC.
- Where is the Student Learning Center located?
The Student Learning Center is located on the second floor of the Harry F. Shaw Virtual College Center (VCC), Room 232.
As soon as you enter through the doors of the Student Learning Center, you will be greeted by a staff member who will assist you in enrolling in the Center for the current semester. A valid FTCC Student Photo ID is required to enroll.
- When is the Student Learning Center open?
Student Learning Center hours are:
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Summer Special Hours
- How do I enroll in the Student Learning Center?
There are two ways to enroll:
- Students enrolled in academic courses at FTCC are able to speak with their instructor to have a “Direct Referral Form” submitted. Then the student can come to the Student Learning Center to complete the enrollment process.
- Students are also able to visit the Student Learning Center on their own and complete enrollment at the front desk. A “Referral Form” will be sent to their instructor once the student logs into the system.
Students must re-enroll each semester.
- What can I expect after Student Learning Center enrollment?
After enrolling in the Student Learning Center, you will log in at the front desk computer. Then you will find a seat at a table or computer to start your work. When you are ready for assistance, let an instructor or front desk staff member know. The instructor or staff member will assess your specific needs for the visit.
*You will be required to log in and out each time you use the Center.
- What about Distance Learning Students?
Distance Learners (online students) enrolled in FTCC Curriculum or Pre-curriculum courses are welcome to use the Student Learning Center. NetTutor Online Tutoring Service is also available for distant learners. The service is FREE and available 24/7.
Access to NetTutor is available through student Blackboard accounts. Further assistance is available by contacting the Student Learning Center.
Complete Your Continuing Education Teacher Renewal Credits Online
Our classes are informative and they’re offered through a convenient and highly interactive online environment! Choose from a variety of certified online courses, built to address the needs of today’s educator and assist you in meeting your continuing education requirements.
- New courses begin every month
- Students have access 24/7
- Quality instruction in every course
Enroll Now Online
For additional information call 910.678.8446
Please consult your County Professional Development Coordinator for continuing education approval.