You will have to fill out the reset password request form. When your password reset form is processed, your password will be reset to your date of birth on file in 8 digit format (MMDDYYYY). Currently there is no way to automate this process. So it could take until 5pm the next business day as this will only be done between during the normal business hours of 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday. You will not receive notification that the password has been reset.
Student email provides the official communication conduit between the College and students. This service was created to provide an e-mail account for any student who wants it, especially those currently without access to e-mail. Our goal is to provide a reliable, practical, secure, feature rich web mail environment with limited banner advertisements. Functionality includes providing faculty and staff lists to communicate with students enrolled in specific classes or programs.
Web based access to email allows for easy access from any computer with internet access and a web browser. Integrated email features such as spell check, folder functionality and rule management, configurable email filters, incoming and outgoing virus scan, anti-spam mechanism, and faculty and staff address books. There are limited banners or advertisements. A full 6 Gigabits of storage allows you to store more messages and documents.
Additional functionality available from Google’s line of services will be integrated in a phased approached. Some features may not be integrated into FTCC’s environment.
The primary function of the Student Email System is to provide an official communication channel between FTCC and its students. College departments and instructors will use this account to communicate with you. Make sure you are following the college acceptable use policy and proper e-mail etiquette at all times
Yes! Contact sharing creates a shared address book that includes all users at student.faytechcc.edu. To uses the shared address book follow these steps:
- In your mail account, click on Compose Mail.
- Click on Choose from contacts below the To: field to bring up your shared address book.
- In the pop-up window, you’ll see a list labeled Most Contacted, which contains your most frequently used contacts. To see a list of all your personal contacts, click on All Contacted. To send to people on these lists, simply click on all the contacts you want to send to to add them to the To: field below. Note: These lists are both propagated from your personal contacts. If your account is new, these lists may be empty.
- To send to a user at your domain who isn’t included in your personal contacts list, simply type the first few letters of their first name, last name, or username into the search box. You can also search for a nickname or email list. When your desired contact appears, click on the name to add that contact to the To: field.
- When you’ve added all the contacts you wish to send to, click Done to compose and send your message to the selected contacts.
- Once you’ve sent to a contact from your shared address book, they’ll be added to your contacts list. The next time you want to send them a message, their email address will auto-complete as you begin to type it.