Testing for Distance Students
If you live more than an hour’s drive from FTCC’s campus, you are eligible to take the North Carolina Diagnostic Assessment & Placement Test (NC DAP) at a remote location.
To ensure the integrity of a student’s test scores and the security of NC DAP tests, all remote testing must be supervised by an approved proctor.
|Accredited College or University||Faculty/Test Center Administrators|
|K-12 Schools||Teacher, Counselor or Administrator|
|Public Library||Certified Librarian|
|U.S. Embassy||U.S. Embassy Official|
|U.S. Military Base||Testing Control/Unit Education Officer|
Family/Relatives, Employers, Supervisors or Co-workers, Neighbors, Friends, Clergy
Requirements for Remote Testing
The computer chosen for the NC DAP must have internet access, be located in a suitable testing environment, and meet the requirements for administering the tests.
Verify the computer meets the system requirements:
- Go to https://www.accuplacer.org/cat
- Select “Verify System Requirements”
There is a 2-hour time limit for the essay, but the other sections are untimed. An on-screen calculator will appear for appropriate questions, so a physical calculator is not allowed. Allow 4 hours for testing.
Remote testing is only for students who plan to attend FTCC. Any fee incurred with remote testing will be the responsibility of the student.
Schedule a Remote Test
- Complete the Request to Take the NC DAP Form
- Schedule an appointment with an approved proctor.
- Once the request form has been received and verified, the proctor will receive login credentials and further instructions. Please allow 3 business days to process.